MI-16 Plumbing....

matt205

Fellow Frogger
Hi Guys,

Another one for the 205 16v'ers!

I'm just putting the final touches on my MI-16 conversion and need to sort out the plumbing around the throttle body, AFM etc. I have a bit of a mish mash of 205 & 405 hoses. I have it hooked up and running and it seems fine but I would like to be able to double check it all.

I guess the ideal thing would be some pics of either a 205-16 or even a standard Series I MI-16's throttle body/AFM area to use as a reference.

Anyone able to help out?

matt205 said:
Hi Guys,

Another one for the 205 16v'ers!

I'm just putting the final touches on my MI-16 conversion and need to sort out the plumbing around the throttle body, AFM etc. I have a bit of a mish mash of 205 & 405 hoses. I have it hooked up and running and it seems fine but I would like to be able to double check it all.

I guess the ideal thing would be some pics of either a 205-16 or even a standard Series I MI-16's throttle body/AFM area to use as a reference.

Anyone able to help out?

I've got an original Peugeot workshop manual on the Mi16 if it's any use. Happy to photocopy the engine section.

PeterT said:
I've got an original Peugeot workshop manual on the Mi16 if it's any use. Happy to photocopy the engine section.

Thanks Peter, I think I have the same one already! The copy I have doesn't really show in detail the intake, oil breather plumbimg, which is what I need to see. If it does then I'd love a copy!

Off topic, when do you guys start racing again this year? Are you doing the same stuff as Adrien and Owen, cause I'd like to come along and have a run with you.

matt205 said:
Thanks Peter, I think I have the same one already! The copy I have doesn't really show in detail the intake, oil breather plumbimg, which is what I need to see. If it does then I'd love a copy!

Off topic, when do you guys start racing again this year? Are you doing the same stuff as Adrien and Owen, cause I'd like to come along and have a run with you.

I had the same problem earlier in the year. I got in wrong and couldn't keep oil in the sump over 5000RPM. Mr Peugeot got it right. Make sure the small sump breather hose goes back up to the oil filler neck. This is a return line. The filler neck is actually a small catch tank. The rest doesn't really matter for a race car.

Mine is getting dismantled tomorrow. Why not give Owen a ring and have a look at his?

Yes, it's the Combined Sports Car Association Supersprint series. If you're not in one of the affiliated clubs, join the Lotus Club.

PeterT said:
I had the same problem earlier in the year. I got in wrong and couldn't keep oil in the sump over 5000RPM. Mr Peugeot got it right. Make sure the small sump breather hose goes back up to the oil filler neck. This is a return line. The filler neck is actually a small catch tank. The rest doesn't really matter for a race car.

Thanks for that Peter, looks like I got it right then! The only other one I'm a little confused with is on the 8v engine there is a smaller hose from the oil cap to the TB, however the MI-16 cap only has the one hose going to infront of the TB, therefore there is a connection on top of the TB (non barbed) which I'm not entirely sure what it's for. :confused:

I will catch up with Owen and Adrian soon, haven't seen them for some time, probably since back in the Peugeot Club days.

PeterT said:
Yes, it's the Combined Sports Car Association Supersprint series. If you're not in one of the affiliated clubs, join the Lotus Club.

It'll be fun to get out and have a run with some other Pugs, it's going to be a busy year though, I'll be doing some rounds of the Improved Production championship, some Formula Vee racing, the GP Rally, East Coast Classic and Dutton rallies and maybe even some Hillclimbs and hopefully the 24hr at Bathurst finally....

Cal said:
Please do tell more.

Cal.

I've been offered drives in the past in both V8's and Proddies, hoping this year to get a drive in a decent car without having to pay for it!