Melbourne RWC

Tim Lee

Tadpole
I need a roadworthy for my 1987 2CV. It's been a long journey finally getting it back on the road.
My usual go-to Cars of France can't get me in for 2 months...wondering if anyone has any recommendations for anywhere that specializes in older cars? Ideally NE Melbourne.
Thanks!

It’s in the SE, but Mark has done several DS and other classics, so he knows the “limitations “ of our toys.

Attachments

• IMG_1345.jpeg
    IMG_1345.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 40
Evan's Classic Car Garage
Factory 3/ 68 Lexton Road, Box Hill North, VIC, Australia, Victoria
(03) 9897 1956

If you have a manual, take it with you, incase they quibble about kingpin float.

If you have a manual, take it with you, incase they quibble about kingpin float.
Always a good idea with old oddball stuff. Had to take a workshop manual to convince a tester once that my R10 brake rotors were not too thin and their reference was wrong!

thanks all. I've booked in at Rematch in a couple of weeks

Yes I'll be loading up those kingpins w/ grease! 🤞

thanks all. I've booked in at Rematch in a couple of weeks

Yes I'll be loading up those kingpins w/ grease! 🤞
If you do not get your roadworthy certificate, PM me and I'll put you in touch with a workshop that checks out vehicles as VicRoads intentended; safe to drive and thus "roadworthy". Not a concourse evaluation.
John

Obviously ensure they are aware the RWC is for your personal use, and not to sell the car.
Most places are a bit more lenient on non-critical components if you are the one who will be continuing to drive it.