Melbourne Dyna?

4cvg

1000+ Posts
I understand that there's a Panhard Dyna in Melbourne somewhere. If anyone knows who owns it & would be willing to PM me some sort of contact information, then I'd appreciate it. I'm interested in trying to persuade the owner to take it to the Melbourne French Car Festival in October so that I can see one.

cheers! Peter

Alternatively, or additionally, come to Perth for October 22nd!

They certainly are "things of beauty". A joy forever? Quite possibly.

I should add that I have never seen aluminium polished like this!

Attachments

• Perth's new Panhard.jpg
    Perth's new Panhard.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 487
sorry John, thanks but I loathe and detest travel. Nothing particular by way of opposition to Perth (except the heat) but I hope to go to my grave having never gone there :)

Would your Perth Dyna guy know the Melbourne owner?

cheers! Peter

Can't say I blame you! I'm suffering from a surfeit of travel right now.

I'll ask him. He imported his last year and he has been in Oz for many years. The Panhard owners are a small group and I imagine are linked by the few parts suppliers - in his case a fascinating guy in London. I've been meaning to get in touch since we chatted last FCD. The road to hell etc etc.

Cheers

sorry John, thanks but I loathe and detest travel. Nothing particular by way of opposition to Perth (except the heat) but I hope to go to my grave having never gone there :)

Would your Perth Dyna guy know the Melbourne owner?

cheers! Peter

Peter,
I don't think you will be missed.:wink2:

I hate travel too but a drive is alright. You can get there in just under 3 days and back in the same so you are only away a week. I have been over in a 203, a 403 wagon, a 504 wagon, a 604, the 406 coupe, a Moke and a couple of holden things, probably over 30 times in all, so it is not all bad. Much easier now it is sealed all the way.

I hate travel too but a drive is alright. You can get there in just under 3 days and back in the same so you are only away a week. I have been over in a 203, a 403 wagon, a 504 wagon, a 604, the 406 coupe, a Moke and a couple of holden things, probably over 30 times in all, so it is not all bad. Much easier now it is sealed all the way.

I think that I'd rather spend a week fanging around country roads in Tasmania.

Can't say I blame you! I'm suffering from a surfeit of travel right now.

I'll ask him. He imported his last year and he has been in Oz for many years. The Panhard owners are a small group and I imagine are linked by the few parts suppliers - in his case a fascinating guy in London. I've been meaning to get in touch since we chatted last FCD. The road to hell etc etc.

Cheers

Thanks John

I have a mate who has one. It's unrestored and I took it an FCF maybe 10 years ago on a trailer. He's an importer with a passion for the unusual so I'm not sure he still has it. I'll ask him.

There are one or two more, unrestored, in WA. One turned up at our FCD a few years back. Toasted but complete....

Attachments

• PA060683.jpg
    PA060683.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 462
I have a mate who has one. It's unrestored and I took it an FCF maybe 10 years ago on a trailer. He's an importer with a passion for the unusual so I'm not sure he still has it. I'll ask him.

Excellent David. Please do so inquire & if all looks promising then Ken would, I predict, be pleased to offer it under-cover display space.

cheers! Peter

I missed out on a LHD Dyna with a PL17 bonnet about 10 years ago, outbid on eBay at the last second. I believe it was a Victorian or NSW car, never seen or heard of since. :(

I'm just in the process of buying a British car out in the sticks of Victoria. In the shed also; is the weirdest car I have seen for a while. It's a Panhard and running downward on the front of the bonnet is the name; Dyna.
The headlights are rather odd. They look like a long "separate" item "stuck onto the bonnet. They aren't inbuilt into the gaurds but shaped to the bonnet and "stuck on".
The engine looks horizontally opposed and is air cooled. Looks like twin cylinders.
Don't know if I'm on the correct thread for this information.
I wouldn't know what these cars are worth. I could make an offer, I suppose,
when I pick up the other cars next week.
Michael Paas

You are about to generate some excitement, I'd hope! They are just remarkable cars.

Thanks for letting us all know...

I've just googled Panhard and it looks the same as the 1949 Dyna X.
Now you haven't helped me yet. I know "nothing" about these cars except what I've googled. I notice that it has an aluminium body. Sounds good.
Does it have a chassis like a 2CV and is it prone to rust?
The motor is where it should be and yes, it's under cover. In unrestored condition is the value similar to a 2CV which might be $3000 to $4000.
I'm asking for this info, as if I do make an offer on the car; it needs to be realistic to avoid a knock back.
Are these "Desirable" cars or are they "dead in the water" like early 50's 2CV's.
We hope to go back within a week.
I've just remembered, written vertically on the front of the bonnet it says DYNA.
Thanks --- Michael

Last edited:
I've just googled Panhard and it looks the same as the 1949 Dyna X.
Now you haven't helped me yet. I know "nothing" about these cars except what I've googled. I notice that it has an aluminium body. Sounds good.
Does it have a chassis like a 2CV and is it prone to rust?
The motor is where it should be and yes, it's under cover. In unrestored condition is the value similar to a 2CV which might be $3000 to $4000.
I'm asking for this info, as if I do make an offer on the car; it needs to be realistic to avoid a knock back.
Are these "Desirable" cars or are they "dead in the water" like early 50's 2CV's.
We hope to go back within a week.
I've just remembered, written vertically on the front of the bonnet it says DYNA.
Thanks --- Michael

As noted in another thread, Gerry Freed is the resident expert on these beasties. I'll email him to draw his attention to this thread & ask him to PM you.

cheers! Peter