Matra Murena on car sales

This car sold for around $16K I think at Lloyds earlier this year. I had a look at it - they had trouble keeping it idling, and had a few oil leaks from gearbox and motor. Interior a little tired. It did run though -

This car sold for around $16K I think at Lloyds earlier this year. I had a look at it - they had trouble keeping it idling, and had a few oil leaks from gearbox and motor. Interior a little tired. It did run though -
So the current owner is lying about having owned it for 32 years?

Ok - yes - I should be more precise "It looks like a car I saw at Lloyds auctions earlier this year..." could well be a different car...

Could also be a timely reminder to anyone buying a 2nd-hand car - do your due diligence and don't take everything you are told at face value.

Gee, it isn't often these days, that I see a car I've never seen or heard of before! I like it a lot! What great styling :tongue:

Hammond drove one of these on "Carnage a Trois" recently on The Grand Tour.
Gee, they trashed some nice French cars in that episode...

I remember hogging the drivers seat in an X1/9 as a pesky 11 year old at the Adelaide Motor Show when they came out. I bought Matchbox X1/9's toys in blue and green and drooled over them in Castle Motors on Portrush Rd. I was in love 😂
Merry Christmas to you too John 👍

Reactions: COL
Interesting cars, Matras. Have a great Christmas btw.
Matra also built the first Espace that was later developed into a Renault Espace in 1984. The first Espace was built on the same assembly line as the Matra Murena.