Map Speed Indicator

grahamoz

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi, I am new to this forum.
I have searched around here and can't find a related question. But lots of talk about the R Link maps not being very good and poor support.
I have a 2020 Kadjar and I have updated the maps once. As previously discussed the new maps are still old and out-of-date.

Anyway - during a service in September that applied a software update. Now the maps don't display the current speed limit indicator. And I am unable to turn on the speed alerts.

Any clues?

Thank you.

Graham

Now the maps don't display the current speed limit indicator. And I am unable to turn on the speed alerts.

If you mean icon P
Try a factory reset, then find Navigation Settings, Visual Guidance, Signposts.
R-Link2 user guide
https://world.e-guides.renault.com/sites/default/files/statics_pdfs/MUL/R-Link2-NX1062_ENG.pdf

1703642857677.png

1703642092550.png

1703642249904.png

1703642283946.png

Attachments

• 1703642404440.png
    1703642404440.png
    319.3 KB · Views: 34
If you mean icon P
Try a factory reset, then find Navigation Settings, Visual Guidance, Signposts.
R-Link2 user guide
Hi,
Thanks for the information. Yes, it is the P item shown in this information. I have a different model of R Link with the landscape view.
I have found and checked the Signposts setting and it is on. I haven't tried the factory reset yet as I want to note all the current settings.

Attachments

• IMG_9298.jpg
    IMG_9298.jpg
    901.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9299.jpg
    IMG_9299.jpg
    882.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9295.jpg
    IMG_9295.jpg
    837.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9294.jpg
    IMG_9294.jpg
    851.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9293.jpg
    IMG_9293.jpg
    878.1 KB · Views: 28
The wording "Whenever relevant information is available, such as information similar to that displayed on road signs" has me guessing your current version of maps doesn't contain any Speed Limits information.

Make a note of all the version numbers in System-System Information and then see what's available at what price from Renault
This page has a link to the pdf with instructions on "Updating the R-Link 2 system and the maps" and saving your current settings.
https://gb.e-guide.renault.com/eng/R-LINK2/UPDATING-R-LINK-2-SYSTEM-AND-MAPS
1703669729849.png

Also see what's available free from the gps-rlink website.

Good luck.

1703668607523.png

Attachments

• 1703669721593.png
    1703669721593.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I wonder if these are two seperate things?
Maybe the camera for the speed alert isn't enabled?

I think this was disabled just after we bought the car. The speed sign was displayed in the dash when we did the test drive. Good feature I thought.
After buying it they did an update and it was gone. The excuse was Australian regulations. ???

You know we are being short changed by all the French car importers by the supply of sh*t GPS software and also being charged for SH*T updates that are no better. In this day and age we should do a class action under "unfit for purpose" !!
It would take a smart teckie a couple of hours to sort a solution that might keep us punters happy even if not even 100% It just shows that they do not care about us punter out here ! :oops: :dance:
Jaahn

I think this was disabled just after we bought the car. The speed sign was displayed in the dash when we did the test drive. Good feature I thought.
After buying it they did an update and it was gone. The excuse was Australian regulations. ???

Seems to be same story for a 2022 Koleos in this post.

Anyway - during a service in September that applied a software update. Now the maps don't display the current speed limit indicator. And I am unable to turn on the speed alerts.

The wording "Whenever relevant information is available, such as information similar to that displayed on road signs" has me guessing your current version of maps doesn't contain any Speed Limits information.

1703811543872.png

Seems to me like the update in September deleted your subscription to show speed signs on the navigation system map.
I'd be ringing Renault and demanding the subscription be reinstated in lieu of the disabled camera.

You know we are being short changed by all the French car importers by the supply of sh*t GPS software and also being charged for SH*T updates that are no better. In this day and age we should do a class action under "unfit for purpose" !!
It would take a smart teckie a couple of hours to sort a solution that might keep us punters happy even if not even 100% It just shows that they do not care about us punter out here ! :oops: :dance:
Jaahn

Good point re class action, quite feasible considering the Renault Australia website advertises the current Megane, and Kaptur, having traffic sign recognition camera.

1703812528438.png