Luke Drady's Dream

BogMaster

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Have you seen this Luke?(from Katriina's message board)

Subject : RENAULT 25 V6i 1987
R25 V6i 31000 miles excellent body & leather interior good engine 3spd auto box fault heater rad leaking.
FREE TO ANYONE WITH GENUINE NEED.
CAR IN GLOUCESTERSHIRE U.K.

[01-12-2002,16:38]

Hey it's 15 years old...you could get it on a boat
and be cruising the streets of Tuggeranong in no time. tongue

if i had the money to spare to ship it out here i'd do it
even if to swap the engine out with a 4cyl and fix whatever needs fixing
sell the car off and put the V6 into something else
would end up with basically a free V6i engine
sorry for the sacrilige renault people :D

pugrambo:
if i had the money to spare to ship it out here i'd do it
even if to swap the engine out with a 4cyl and fix whatever needs fixing
sell the car off and put the V6 into something else
would end up with basically a free V6i engine
sorry for the sacrilige renault people :D
That V6i is the "cruder" Bosch K-Jetronic - you're not going to see a lot of performance out of that.

Look for a later model R25 or Safrane Bi-Turbo. Don't forget the UN1 gearbox at the same time...

Thanks Bog Master

I cringe every time I see these dirt cheap R25 V6's.
I am still grieving my V6 loss.

Matt?????????????????

There is another silver one in Vic with Blue Velour interior in good nic.
Where are the Monacos and Baccara's that were sold here. I know there were only 14, and one got hit by a tram, but the other 13 must be out there for me at a reasonable price!

If I wasn't going to face divorce court if I bought that R25 V6 in the UK, I would ship it here two. I have a UN1 box at home now too!!

Regards

Hi Guys,

why do you little girlies want the V6 R25 :confused: :confused:

Ok, you can give me the R25 V6 turbo :D :p There's a road report comparing one to the CX turbo & Saab turbo on this site I think. The R25 turbo flys, it's faster than the CX turbo, it also has considerable turbo lag (unlike the CX) and the turbo changes the cars behaviour in mid corner as well..... Sounds like a beast eek! eek! eek!

Probably the sort of car where after a spririted drive you wonder how the hell you made it home intact ..... I'd have one anyday :D

seeya,
Shane L.

Hi

yes the V6 Turbo is definately the car to have. However, it is really difficult finding a prime example that is 15 years or older. Most of them are RS now. Or have been flogged to geath.

I could always bolt a turbo on the V6 - it is a bigger capacity than the official V6 Turbo - so would go even better!!

I would have to have electronic injection though, not the mech type on the early V6 R25's! We all know what happened to my V6! SOB SOB! frown

No we don't Luke! What happened? I take it was a sad day! wink

My Beloved R25 V6 burnt to a cinder. It had a small fuel leak that was dripping onto the exhaust manifold, and up she went! I had gone to so much trouble to get this car, and only had it for 7 months!!!

It had just had the muffler repaired when I drove it home, and alas this happened. I had even stopped 10 mins before and put petrol in it!! Luck it didn't happen at the servo.

I have pictures, which I should post.

Actually Simon has video footage of my car. Simon, I don't suppose I could get a copy of it?

Thanks

Luke

LukeCass:

Actually Simon has video footage of my car. Simon, I don't suppose I could get a copy of it?
Ah yes, the visit to the Scorched Earth at East Keilor!!

Actually Luke, how long was it after me videoing your car and it setting on fire? I remember one of your passengers complaining about petrol fumes in the car even then.

As for a copy of the vid, I'll have a look, I'm not sure of the quality when it is copied as I think the quality of my copy is even a bit suspect..

Simon

For what it is worth!
I once was the owner of a magnificent R25 Turbo.
The car had had an accident of the absolute "FREAK" kind! The previous owner had to look for a convenient crash barrier, as the cheapo return valve, preventing Turbo PRESSURE! in the vacuum for the brakes, had corroded.
ALL TURBO DRIVERS! Periodically replace that valve in the intake tract! Renault is aware of a slight! problem there, but sweeps it under the rug. Victims of this type of failure usually never complain! They are dead!
Repair was not expensive, just some panelling to be hammered, but the poor guy decided, that he would never ever sit in that car again!
The engine was a so called "Cup" engine in silenced form. Suspension had been modified and it sported 225 tires front and rear, stronger rolls bars etc. The car was one of a limited run prepared by Hartmann of Stuttgart. It gave me 140.000km of delightfull service, but I sold it, as with 240.000ks it needed an overhaul and leaded fuel was going out here in Germanistan.
With the modified suspension the car was absulutely good natured! Drift it at any desired angle under full control. Power output with LEADED fuel was around 260HP and this "family" car was very fast and still comfy!
If you Aussies can still drive on leaded petrol, this would make for a lovely Prosche Surpriser!
I currently drive an Alpine A610 and am gradually building it into what it should have been from the factory. Power output with Aquamist and a "Power Chip" is around 360 horses. Next week it will have its lim slip differential ready. That is as far as I will take the mods. Outside appearance will remain bog standard.