Lowering a 106?

johnc

Fellow Frogger
I was going to lower my '94 106XSI by a litle bit (an inch or so) and was wondering if I need to worry about replacing the rear torsion bar for a stiffer one, or can it just be dropped a notch?

Also, would a stronger antiroll bar be of more use than a stronger torison bar? I'm still learning the jargon, but I actually want to lower it for performance rather than just looks
smile.gif

Any tips would be a big help.

Cheers,
John.

Cheers, those sites helped me a lot.

You guys don't have the 106?!? You don't know what you're missing. We must get them 'cause of New Zealand's does-it-have-four-wheels-it-can come-in-then policy
smile.gif

I'm heading over to Australia in a few months, maybe I'll bring it over with me.

Yeah I used to Live in NZ so I do know how cool they are but I still don't think they bet the 205 or 306 sorry.

Nick

P.S If your coming over join the only Peugeot GTi Club !!!

------------------
President of Peugeot GTi Autosport Club of Australia.
http://www.peugeot-gti.com

There is a 106 xsi running in the Targa bambina soon. He is a member of the Auckland Peugeot club, look there number up in the
Classic Car Magazine in the Club listings. Also Greg Kent Automotive in Glenfield Auckland (On Diana Drive) 09 444-7703 have access to the complete range of Jamex performance gear.

Cheers James,

I rememebr seeing at least 2 106's in the Dunlop Targa last year I think. Don't know how well they did though.

The performance guys down here in Wellington aren't much help (unless you're putting a big bore on a Subaru) and nobody round here seems keen on tweaking their pugs. Hopefully those guys in Auckland will be able to help me.

The two in the Targa of 2000 were the white 106 factory kited car and the black xsi converted to 106 cupsport specs. Except for the engine the larger more torquey 1360cc as opposed to the 106 cupsport of 1290cc I think. These guys fought tooth for nail. You will enjoy talking with these guys they built up the xsi from a damaged car and have done a comprehensive competition set up.

[This message has been edited by James (edited 20 February 2001).]