long wheelbase CX

Decca

Fellow Frogger
the CX Prestige, with same wheelbase as the break. did any come to Oz?

Decca

Attachments

• cx-prestige.jpg
    cx-prestige.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 216
There is quite a few out here, though they were never officially sold here. You can pick a prestige as the back doors look as wide as the front doors (they are stationwagon doors). All the extra space is in the rear for the back seat passengers.

seeya,
Shane L.

And they came in low

DCP_1746.JPG

and high roof versions as well

CXPrestigeTurbo-2RO.jpg

And that one is a manual Turbo 2 as well - VERY nice :headbang: :headbang: . Even Shane would approve :D

Paul

Have to be one of 'the' best cars I have ever owned '85 model (auto though Shane) :cry: and the only Citroen I sold for much more than I paid - but I regret to this day letting her go.... she's still around though, I think Bruce H is keeping track of her on the CX register.

Cheers
Chris

GreenBlood said:
Have to be one of 'the' best cars I have ever owned '85 model (auto though Shane) :cry: and the only Citroen I sold for much more than I paid - but I regret to this day letting her go.... she's still around though, I think Bruce H is keeping track of her on the CX register.

Cheers
Chris

It certainly doesn't need to be a turbo GTi verion for me to approve.

In some ways I prefer the early CX's far more, they ride like a Citroen should, the daravi seems to have better feel (apparantly they changed the angle of the centering cam in '78 so the center position isn't as defined). Certainly my '85 CX doesn't steer as nicely as the '76 deisel wagon parked in my fathers shed. The earlier cars are just softer all over. The turbo model is quite harsh to ride in for a CX. It's quite strange to drive a CX that effortlessly throws you back in your seat and charges down the road with a gentle squeeze of the accelerator.

In a lot of ways the automatic suites the CX the best of the lot. I'd love it if mine was a high roof prestige. It would make even little things like lifting the baby in and out of the baby seat easier. After all, the CX is already a big car, a few more inches will make bugger all difference to the ability to park/store the thing.

seeya,
Shane L.

DoubleChevron said:
In a lot of ways the automatic suites the CX the best of the lot. I'd love it if mine was a high roof prestige. It would make even little things like lifting the baby in and out of the baby seat easier. After all, the CX is already a big car, a few more inches will make bugger all difference to the ability to park/store the thing.

seeya,
Shane L.

We bought ours for just that reason, when our son was born, Mrs GB still in hospital - the car came up at Maxims and I grabbed it, the extra leg room in the back made getting the baby capsule and later baby seat in and out a breeze. The ride was very, very Citroen just sublime, and as you say it doesn't take long to adjust to the length of the car when manoeuvering in traffic and carparks. Suprising too, the 25ie with the auto has a very good touring speed with plenty on hand for overtaking - are they were the days :)

Cheers
Chris

GreenBlood said:
We bought ours for just that reason, when our son was born, Mrs GB still in hospital - the car came up at Maxims and I grabbed it, the extra leg room in the back made getting the baby capsule and later baby seat in and out a breeze. The ride was very, very Citroen just sublime, and as you say it doesn't take long to adjust to the length of the car when manoeuvering in traffic and carparks. Suprising too, the 25ie with the auto has a very good touring speed with plenty on hand for overtaking - are they were the days :)

Cheers
Chris

It's in the gearing, the slugomatic will be spinning over at quite high revs when cruising at 110km/h, climbing hills and overtaking will put 3rd on the auto, smack bang in the the middle of the 4bangers power band (3500 - 4500rpm).

The Xantia slugomatic is much the same, it's gutless off the line, but suprisingly it's quite good at overtaking. You see it's in the gearing, it'll hold 2nd gear to 120km/h. Even the 8valve xantia/bx motors find some extra go at high revs. If it was geared to change into 3rd at 100km/h it'd be quite a slow car at overtaking speeds and not nice to drive on the highways.

seeya,
Shane L.

If anyone knows of a Prestige going (really) cheap, I'm all ears. I don't suppose the diesels ever came to Oz? Probably not...

Chris