Lexia problems

Hmmm.... How do these things run in the UK without this issue being everywhere? Did they all get the lifters replaced under warranty in cold climates?

I guess I can try the 5 30 oil and see if that helps. These are the last two issues I have with the car, there is a knock in the front drivers suspension I can't seem to find. Everything is tight as a drum. The rollbar droplinks seem tight. everything is really tight. the strut can't be moved at the top and feels smooth when you turn the wheel. maybe the rollbar is contacting somewhere where it crosses the frame (you can't see in there).

Stuff is supposed to be annoying right :) None of this stuff is worn as the car has only done 60,000km from new.

Oil specs struts get noisy on c3s haven't done any on 2s but there's always a first time if you check service box there might be a tsb for lifters and also shocks

Interesting, so its possible the struts make noises internally ? .... I'm still scratching my head at why the lifters pumping up wasn't a huge issue in the UK ..... where it is much, much, much colder than here :) .... maybe they just all got replaced under warranty when the cars were new. I did think 10 w 30 was quite thin. the stuff I removed also drained like it had no consistency... so was also at least 10w30 :)

An italian tune up isn't going to help. the thing runs perfectly. Its just if the temperature is below about 6 degrees, it'll start and run really roughly .... it feels like its missing all over the place randomly. If you shut it down and restart it almost is always perfectly fine from then on. I'm guessing a good rev must collapse the lifters back down ? When I changed the spark plugs a few weeks back, they were the cleanest looking plugs I've ever removed from a motor, so I'm not thinking there is any much wrong with it mechanically (hopefully :clown: )

I had the same issue - my original clone failed and I spent way too long chasing software issues.

New clone and up and running again.

Cheers

Justin

So I did my usual that I do with any car yesterday. i spent several hours searching for the noise in the front drivers side and searching for a cause for the cold start issues. in my normal way I found nothing. however when I pulled the battery terminals there was quite a bit of corrosion hidden in the connection that couldn't be seen from the outside.... Hmmm... So I did clean them terminals and spray them with the permatex battery terminal spray (that must stop them corroding ... maybe? I use it on the tractor that always grows lots of green crap over the battery terminals).

Anyway, I went outside this morning. the cars displays says 2degrees. And the damn thing fired right up and run perfectly :confused:

I'm going to wait before I replace the brand new oil with 5W30 and see if the battery terminal weren't the problem ...(bizarre!).

Well it hasn't played up on starting since I cleaned the battery terminals ...... I'm still far from convinced. I guess I'll see how we go over any freezing mornings for the next few weeks before I claim "success" :clown: