Late model Foglamps on an early model Fuego

vivid

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Ok, Reverse lamps sorted, thankyou froggies, now I have been having hours of no joy, trying to trace the wires from the foglamp switch, back under the bonnet. I did find a yellow 2 pole connector, with a green and a cream coloured wire, just behind and underneath the carby, but I cant find what this is for. I am in half a mind to run some new cables back to the switch, but was hoping I didn't have to. I was planning on using a couple of heavy duty relays to power each light.. Ideas / help?

Hey Vivid,
Sorry, I can't help a lot with fog light wiring as my Fuego wasn't blessed with them. But I do have a schematic handy for what is worth. We might be able to work it out. Damn colour codes are in French. J for yellow (jaun) B for white (blanc) etc..
Is that yellow connector under the carb connected to anything or is it just swinging in the breeze ?
Have you got air-con on your car ?
Is that wire cream or actually pink? Old wiring can be hard to tell. I had to scrape some of the oxidisation off of the wire insulation on some of mine to see the proper colour. Some that looked cream were actually pink or yellow.
Get back to me.
I'll reply as I can. Work commitments are CRAZY at the moment.

> Is that yellow connector under the carb
> connected to anything or is it just swinging
> in the breeze ?

Its not connected to anything. Is a single plug with both a male and female spade type connector on it.

> Have you got air-con on your car ?

I do, but as I replaced the radiator it needs a regas.

> Is that wire cream or actually pink? Old wiring
> can be hard to tell. I had to scrape some of
> the oxidisation off of the wire insulation on
> some of mine to see the proper colour. Some
> that looked cream were actually pink or yellow.

Not sure, I was doing work on it in the dark, under a hanging light, so ill check in the morning..

Thanks for your help.

Actually the electrics are pretty good on this car.. solved the reverse lights problem.. was a faulty connection in the fuse board.. I just connected it direct with an inline fuse, with a connector from my other car.. will get to re-soldering the circuit later.

Re the foglams, it didnt come with them, the spares car I have had them, tho most of the electrics had been removed before I got it (burned out loom). So I ended up not using the internal switch for the foglamps, and now have it switching a relay from the right hand park globe.. ran another lead straight from the battery to the lamps, and earth to each one independantly.. using 25Amp wire, so should be plenty. Still need to find where the dash switch runs under the bonnet, but for now it will pass a roadworthy.. I am hoping they wont make me replace the cables in both the front seats, as they still lock in place, and from what I have read, it is a major pain to replace them. Only things I have left to do tomorrow is replace the drivers side mirror (tram incident) front engine mount (again *sigh*) and the middle hexagonal exhaust mount.

Fingers crossed.