Lambada sensor testing?

parry

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
I have a freind 295 here that the codes are all pointing to the lambada sensor. Anybody know how to fully test it to ensure it is actually faulty.

The car is running very rich!

about a month ago i posted the same question, you earth the single plug that goes out of it, and measure the voltage, should be between 0.5 and 1 if i can remember, i thought i was getting the right numbers but i just ended up taking to an injection place and they told me i had an open circuit in mine, it made it run really lean however... check the other post anyway, another way to test them apparantly is with an ocilliscope and read the wave readings
found the link
<a href="http://www.aussiefrogs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001385" target="_blank">web page</a>

<small>[ 29 July 2003, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: ilek300 ]</small>

not quite, you know how there are 3 wires coming from the sensor? well they go off into 2 plugs, with a pair of wires going into one and just one going into the other, it should be a blue plug. thats the one you have to test, the other one is the heater coil for the sensor and should have 12V going between it when the car is running. just connect your multimeter to the single pin and any earth, even just the engine will do

Is that Lambada sensor - some kind of exotic dance or the Lambda sensor in the exhaust we are talking about??
mallet

Should be in the range of 600-900mV. Less on over run.