Laguna

REN21T

Fellow Frogger
Hey everybody,

I wonder if there's someone out there who can answer my query.
I'm interested in the pre-'01 Lagunas.
Can anyone tell me any of the following:

Numbers released in Australia
Engine capacities
Features

And pros/cons of owning one, preferably from someone who has owned one.

Cheers.

The Expression saloon is the only available in auto and manual. While the rest only come in auto only. :disappr:

Thanks for answering my query guys, but I was interested in the pre-2001 Lagunas, like the 1995, '96 ones.

Can anyone help me with these?

Ah your in luck cause i own one a 95 model RXE. :D

Well there are two types really. The 2.0 8 valve RXE available in man or auto and the 3.0 12 valve V6 available only in auto. There is however a phase II that never arrived in Australia which was the 16 valve 2.0 and 24 valve 3.0 The first ones to arrive in Australia were April 1995 the Laguna was only available for one year in Australia.. Standard features of a RXE are:

ABS (Antilock Brakes), Air Cond. - Climate Control, Airbag - Drivers, Central Locking - Remote/Keyless, Engine Immobiliser, Fog Lamps, Power Door Mirrors, Power Windows - Front & Rear, Radio Cassette + 6 speakers, Spoiler - Rear, Trip Computer, Velour Trim

And the v6:

15" Alloy Wheels, ABS (Antilock Brakes), Air Cond. - Climate Control, Airbag - Drivers, Central Locking - Remote/Keyless, Cruise Control, Electric Drivers Seat with Memory, Engine Immobiliser, Fog Lamps, Power Door Mirrors, Power Windows - Front & Rear, Radio Cassette + 6 speakers, Spoiler - Rear, Trip Computer, Velour Trim

I have had 3 Laguna’s since 1997 and i love them. The major bad points of the Laguna’s are there auto transmission while the manual is the smoothest transmission I ever driven. The car is very comfortable and stable on the road.

hope this was a help to you.

Were there any wagons sold in australia?

Cya Stalled

Na the wagon called the Nevada never came to Australia it was released in mid 1996, by that time Renault had all ready left Australia.

In the early Lagunas, was there a speech synthesis feature/option like on the current shape one however on current shape Lagunas, this recently got deleted as far as i know!

Cya Stalled

The speech Synthesis was available on the 1995 Laguna as a standard, while on the new model 2002 and up the speech synthesis is only available as a standard in Privilege and Privilege LX.

I love the series 1 Laguna. Great looking car too. The 3.0 V6 auto goes like a rocket..:D

Not all V6 Lagunas in Australia have the electric seats, or the deicing windscreen feature.

You'll find some also have (what appears to be) a bent passengers side wiper arm. This is by design, but I have yet to really work out why!