keyless entry Pug 308

richard.pric

Tadpole
Hi. My wife's 2008 308 Peugeot's keyless entry has stopped working. Can still lock/unlock doors with key, mirrors swing away and car starts
but cannot lock/unlock using buttons on fob. Is there a fuse to check, if so where is it? We have three keys for car, same issue so must be fault in car. Have not taken to key expert yet for reprogramming.

Did this happen after the car battery was replaced? Have you replaced the key fob battery recently?

Suggest replace fob battery 1st then try key resync as per owners manual.

Put key in ignition, turn to accessory only, hold down lock button for 10sec. Turn car off. Lock door with key unlock with button. If that didn't work try same but holding unlock for 10sec.

The battery in the fob is for remote only not security for key to start the car.

If you sit inside the car any use buttons does this work?
I know the range is very close to the car when battery in the fob starts to need replacing.

Good luck

Thanks for that. I did try a sync using instructions in book. No success. Was wondering if there is a faulty fuse somewhere.

On our daughter's 308, purchased not working remote ending up replacing the Comm unit behind the steering wheel. Never got around to checking what failed, if internal corrosion or antenna fell off as had a good spare already.

No error code by diagbox to show anything not working.

I bit of a mission to replace if you don't know what your doing as can end up breaking the airbag wiring while removing the steering wheel.

If all your keys start the car and all have new batteries in the fob, and sync attempted will be the Comm unit.

Multiple different versions but early model 308 seem to be the same, if same manufacturer

On our daughter's 308, purchased not working remote ending up replacing the Comm unit behind the steering wheel. Never got around to checking what failed, if internal corrosion or antenna fell off as had a good spare already.

No error code by diagbox to show anything not working.

I bit of a mission to replace if you don't know what your doing as can end up breaking the airbag wiring while removing the steering wheel.

If all your keys start the car and all have new batteries in the fob, and sync attempted will be the Comm unit.

Multiple different versions but early model 308 seem to be the same, if same manufacturer
could very well be comms unit, thanks. Car has only just turned over 100,000 but it could be age related. Does unit have fuse, do you know?

Has fuse but car would not be able to start if blown as key transponder would not be able to be seen by ECU.

Start with basics

Sit inside car with all the previously working keys. And ensure new button cell installed as not LED to show if operating or not and see if any lock or unlock the doors.