Just joined the forum

road hog

Fellow Frogger
Hi have just found the forum, I live in Great Britain but cant seem to find a forum here so thought I could join 1 in another country instead. Would like to here from other 406 onwers on how satisfied they are with their cars?

There's always room for another 406 owner to gush about their car. ;)

Welcome to Aussiefrogs! We haven't got a huuuuge amount of 406 owners on here, but with so many parts shared with 306 and 206 you'll still find some useful information. Plus,we're a swell bunch of guys and gals!

Asanka, that's a really awful photo...

GTI124 said:
Asanka, that's a really awful photo...

I know, change your hairdresser & stylist will ya :roflmao:

Do you want me to remove it?

purrr-geot said:
I know, change your hairdresser & stylist will ya :roflmao:

Do you want me to remove it?
Well that pic is around 4-5 years old. I don't look much different now. You know, I kinda expected that you would use my pic from the schoolfriends site. You're so predictable :p

Notice how many cricket clubs I've played for? hehe. Funny. There's one more club that wasn't listed there.

:peugeot:Yes I have a406 HDI its about 4 years old and it has 189,000 kms on it. It runs like a dream tows heavy things like a train and is very very efficient with fuel. The seats are a bit hard though. Get a bit weary on a long trip like driving to Perth.

Where do you guys in Aus go when you want to test your car top speed, do you take it to the out back? What are your speed limits there? On the out back roads can you go as fast as you like?

the Northern Territory is the only place it's legal :D

You want to know your way around your car though - there are no French car dealers there :cry:

Derek.

Gawd...here I was thinking "WTF is purr-geot to put a pic of himself up, and how much he looks like Lincoln".

I'm glad there are no pics of me with such a cheesy smile :)

GTI124 said:
Notice how many cricket clubs I've played for? hehe. Funny. There's one more club that wasn't listed there.

Funny you mention that, seems im heading in the same direction, i just got no time for district cricket no more. Funny how priorities change.

road hog interesting the you find the seats uncomfortable, you'd be one of few. the hdi 406 is a great car, my dad was looking at getting one, in hindsight i think he wishes he did ;)

Brad said:
Gawd...here I was thinking "WTF is purr-geot to put a pic of himself up, and how much he looks like Lincoln".

I'm glad there are no pics of me with such a cheesy smile :)

Oh, isn't it?! It really is TOTAL cheese. It's your typical work pose for something they needed a pic for. The original isn't anywhere near as pink and soft as Asanka has made it. I really don't put that much blush on, honestly! :D

Asanka, I've played two park cricket matches recently and the quality was so poor, I just can't do it to myself. I'm thinking of heading back up to North Sydney oval on Thursday and resume training for grade.

purrr-geot said:
the hdi 406 is a great car, my dad was looking at getting one, in hindsight i think he wishes he did ;)
SAAB playing up already?

That pic of Lincoln looks so different to the one with the sunnies on at Wakefield.

I reckon Asanka should go up to SYD for the BBQ to meet Lincoln in person. I'm sure you'll make it back home :)

Pug307 said:
SAAB playing up already?

That pic of Lincoln looks so different to the one with the sunnies on at Wakefield.

I reckon Asanka should go up to SYD for the BBQ to meet Lincoln in person. I'm sure you'll make it back home :)

Yeah saab's getting annoying, nothing serious but just a few too many little things going wrong, i kind of had a feeling it would. We will give it a couple of months see how it goes. That said im sure if we bought a 406 that would come with a problem or two.

I most definetly am planning to go to sydney, to see the lads over there. I reckon computer geek :D (lincoln) will probably kidnap me so i stop annoying him :D . I actually maybe over in sydney in a few weeks for work so watch out ;)

Pug307 said:

I'm assuming that's a compliment! That pic, although cheesy, is more like what I normally look like. There are some other photos at Wakefield, like the group photo where I look more like Asanka's pic there. The one with sunnies is just me giving my Dad a funny look as he was quite close to my face and it was very bright.

Road Hog, yeah, they're pretty strict. But, if you find the right road at the right time of day/night and you're fine. think that's the case anywhere.