Jaw dropping

The asking price may well be indicative of what French car owners may dream of realizing.

And only a humble mass produced Japanese vehicle as well.
Well put Robmac. I guess I should have added something along those lines in the original thread.

Never got my head around understanding collectors of old heaps even if they look like new.

The only area of growth in old car interest is in multi-make social clubs where the cars of interest are usually vehicles fondly remembered from childhood and youth. So vehicles like Chrysler Valiants, HQ Holdens and the like that would not be thought collectable are common. Their prices reflect the demand.

I would have thought 16 years odd of being on AF may have helped you to understand many peoples "obsessions" with old cars. :rolleyes:
If they are a nice drive (and don't cost a lot) i sort of get it. Would be quite happy with a sorted 25 or even a 19 or a 504 TI or a DS etc.
But old heaps like Holdens (had an EH for a few months and it was shit) or old English ones except late E-Type or Cooper S but they are asking stupid $$$

Cars are cars, but they mean different things to people at different stages of their life. A Morris 10 might be basic but if it meant family holidays and the freedom of travel it will be fondly remembered. People often say they wish they still had a car they had once owned. Happy family times in 203's are often recalled to me. Prices reflect demand.

That was my first car bought for $1100 from a little old lady in 1982. Sold it a few years later for $1500.

M y great aunt had one of those, in white. She never took the plastic off the door linings or the sun visors. Classic little old lady car. She traded a Vanguard on it. I still have a key for it: it's still in a sideboard I inherited from her.

Roger

M y great aunt had one of those, in white. She never took the plastic off the door linings or the sun visors. Classic little old lady car. She traded a Vanguard on it. I still have a key for it: it's still in a sideboard I inherited from her.

Roger
When I brought my white Mazda 1300 2 door sedan it still had the plastic on the door liners and sun visors. Roger did your great aunt live in SE suburbs of Melbourne in 1982?

I'd just add that mint is MINT and that commands a price. You only need one buyer after all. If it is really mint, the Japanese market is lucrative, especially for smaller cars.

Very interesting. Thanks for posting.