Janet Bell. 5, December 2013

HONG KONG PUGGY

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
It's with great sadness that I have been asked to post this here for you guys.

Janet Bell, wife of a former member of this site, Ray Bell, passed away on Thursday after a long battle with Lung Cancer.

Some here will remember Ray as a stalwart and sometimes hot headed poster who always spoke his mind but this is about his dear wife so keep it civil please as I know and expect we all will. Janet was the one who had to put up with Ray's ranting after his long sessions here on AF all those years ago, she must have been a truly amazing woman to do so I think. :D

Ray and Janet spent the last 25 years together and he is obviously devastated and totally lost for her passing. Although in his usual strong manner, it never showed once in the p Janet BELL.jpgray bell and Janet.jpghone calls with him, very composed the whole time. He must be dead inside honestly.
I've included a little bit of info from a thread dedicated to Janet from the "Autosport" forums.

Link here if anyone cares to read the whole thing............. Condolences - The Nostalgia Forum - The AUTOSPORT Forums

I have Ray's current email available and also have his phone number if anyone cares to give him a quick call, although he is quite busy with arrangements at the moment.

Ray was telling me this morning, "mate, we were at a very good place right now, never been happier in each other. I wish I hadn't left it so late to rediscover the life we really did have."
They were not long returned from a drive across the USA in an old Dodge Slant 6 Ute that Ray imported after the journey.

My own thoughts, prayers and love go out to him and his sons and family in their grieving and I am sure many of us will be thinking of him too.