Is my battery original

brownbag

Tadpole
Tadpole
I'm having trouble with the start/stop functionality on my 2017 308 and want to ensure first that I haven't yet changed my battery (and not reprogrammed it). I don't think so but wonder if there's a simple way to detect if my battery is an original one.

Does it have a Peugeot brand on the side? Not too sure about Pugs, but the original factory battery in Citroens usually has the Citroen name and logo on it.

Check what brand it is. That might give it you a clue. The stop/start function is quite fickle and will 'play up' if the battery voltage isn't up to scratch. It needs a specific minimum voltage to work so potentially, a battery can still have good life left in it to run the car normally but wont have enough 'oomph' to work the stop/start. I'm not 100% what those values are but throw a voltmeter on it to check what its reading.

Does it matter? Doing a proper load check and checking that your battery is up to spec is all you need to know for a first step

Original was likely by Varta and should have a producton date melted into the top of the case.

The originals on my cars were French Exides.

The original on our 2017 308 and the neighbour's 2017 308 are both Varta. Can't see a date though so you probably need to take it out. On my car SS has never worked properly though only after I put it on a charger so I couldn't be bothered anymore.

Had the same problem ie loss of stop-start.
New ( appropriate spec ) battery problem solved

My 2018 3008 still has it's original Varta but the stop start hasn't kicked in for a while so i suspect the battery is starting to get a little long in the tooth
I did look at the battery the other day but couldn't find a manufacture date on it but i did look and think that it's not going to be fun to get out of where it is
Why do the bloody french build cars around the batteries ???
CX needs a headlight removed
604 needs the bonnet stay bracket removed
203 needs the grille removed