IRL - Ryan Briscoe Injured

PLAYLIFE

Fellow Frogger
He had a massive accident in this morning's race, hitting the catching fencing vertically and tearing the car to shreds.

He has a bruised lung, broken collar bones and is suffering from back and head pain. Otherwise, he appears to be ok.

bugger.

I heard that on the radio this morning.

Hope he will be ok.

It's good to see an Aussie in IRL

It's mind boggling to think of how strong modern high end open wheelers are.

I saw the footage on TV and it is hard to comprehend that someone can still be in one piece after that sort of impact.

He got airborne at the very start of the incident so didn't wipe of any speed through sliding or braking.

Would've hit the steel fence (the flexibility of which probably saved his life) about 2 meters up and travelling at about 300kph.

If he had not got as high and hit the concrete barrier at the same speed/direction, I reckon his next race would've been to the pearly gates....

A very lucky boy...

Wow... if briscoe isn't taking out chicks he's trying to kill himself.... back to testing son.... damm ex go-karters. - Chris

ps I hope he is trully ok and recovers well.

LAT2005091183447_PVW.jpg

82243_rea.jpg

ILJR10309112113.jpg

ILJR1010609112139.jpg

Wow - Those photos are amazing.

He's a very, very lucky boy. The design of modern single seater cars is jus astounding. To think that anyone can walk away from some of these crashes really boggles my mind.

Faarrrkkk..... :eek: . Wow - how lucky can you get..... What a ride though :D

wow that really is insane.

The news said he was doing 350km/h when he hit that wall.

Lucky that little driver cell is so strong and intact.

btw, for any motorsport fans, here is a new forum...

http://www.crashforum.net/Group4.aspx