Interesting info...damn Telstra....

gibgib

Local Tyrant
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Received this as an email from someone "inside".
If you use this service you now know which number to dial evil

--------------------------

Did you know that there is a number for directory assistance that is FREE.
It is 1223 (as opposed to 12 455 where this is charged at 25 cents) and is
exactly the same service.
Apparently Telstra, under Government law is supposed to provide a free
operator service - hence the number 1223. They are trying to make as much
money as possible with the number 12455.

Pass this on to everyone to ensure these dirty dogs don't get any extra
revenue. Why did they bother to change from 013 anyway? Everyone remembered
that number too easily huh?

Yeah, made NO sense to change 013, but hey, I think Tel$tra exec's get a kick out of bending customers over a tree stump and acting like a randy bear.

What, with the unlimited broadband plan with 3gb cap and 35c/mb overflow, telling people to stop checking their usage page, upping the price, not being able to pay by B-Pay, charging for upload when it costs them nothing, charging wholesalers more than telstra charge the public, informing everyone that the usage page will 'probably not work at the end of each month', and loosing every users home page, not once but twice.

As you can tell, i <font size=+1 color=red><u>LOVE</u> Tel$tra!!!

<small>[ 06 June 2002, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Phasis ]</small>

Ya a bunch a mugs taken in by another bogus email.

Read your phone book (page 15 in mine) and it advises that by dialling either 1223 or 12455 it is free for fixed domestic services as it always has and always will be (according to current law)

By the way - did you know that if you use Outlook Express to send an email of any sort, Microsoft will send you ca$h?

And if you believe that one....

The 1223/12455 thing has even been refuted in Column 8 in the Sydney Morning Herald. Sucked IN!

:mad: :mad: evil dead

Phasis, i know how you feel with the bpay!! i always pay my cable late, like every 3 months. and don't you just love on their bill how they say telstra is working on new ways to make paying bills easier.. pfffft!
:mad:

It seems to me like they frown on people who dont have credit cards...people like me who can't be trusted :)