Installing an aftermarket seat in Clio Sport ?

ParanoidAndroid

Fellow Frogger
Hey all

I'm currently shopping around for a Clio Sport MK2. One factor in deciding to buy one was 'Can I fit in it?' I'm 6'7'' tall so I never expect heaps of room in any car but I have to be able to physically drive it. The clio was suprisingly ok although down the track I would like to think about putting an aftermarket seat in it to give me a lower, deeper driving position. Knowing nothing about making a change like this I'm wondering:

Has anyone had any experience with anything aftermarket in a Clio ?
Whats involved ? Altering or replacing seat rails etc
Where can I get it done ? I'm in Brisbane

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Josh

ParanoidAndroid said:
Hey all

I'm currently shopping around for a Clio Sport MK2. One factor in deciding to buy one was 'Can I fit in it?' I'm 6'7'' tall so I never expect heaps of room in any car but I have to be able to physically drive it. The clio was suprisingly ok although down the track I would like to think about putting an aftermarket seat in it to give me a lower, deeper driving position. Knowing nothing about making a change like this I'm wondering:

Has anyone had any experience with anything aftermarket in a Clio ?
Whats involved ? Altering or replacing seat rails etc
Where can I get it done ? I'm in Brisbane

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Josh

well, I think the RS Clio's awkward gear position would suit you, I'm 6' but I either sit too close, or my arms cna't reach the gear properly. Anyway, as with seats... well... the standard seat is height adjustable you tried? You can alway shave a look at recaro, sparco's web site and see if there's anything but problem is you will never know till you fitted them. Those seats aren't exactly meant to give you more room you see... so not really sure. And I doubt many peopel change their seats because the standard seats are comfy and offer reasonably good grip. You will not like a recaro in the RS Clio beilieve me.

I don't really know anything about this, but it may pay to check on the legality of removing safety devices from a car.

I know for a fact you cannot remove the steering wheel from a car fitted with a driver's airbag legally... which is why I thought I'd raise checking out if removing a side airbag (mounted in the seat) is allowed.

Derek :cheers:

storms_of_fate said:
Didn't even think of that one, and I drive a what??? *hang my head in shame*

Looks like I'll have to put up with it. Yeah I didnt think about the side airbag issue either. Although I have read that you can change the steering wheel on a car with an airbag if its done professionaly. But maybe they were wrong. Doesnt matter coz it doesnt help me :) I have adjusted the seat height and steering wheel height and played around with it all but the problem is the backrest comes about halfway up my...um.. back ;) That head rest gives me all the lumber support I need ;) But seriously its actually not as bad as other cars I've driven and wont stop me buying one.

Also consider compatability issues with the seatbelt pretensioners ;)