IMMACULATE R16 spotted

Sarosa, would your rego number be F??996 ? If so, that's the one I mentioned that I had seen in a picture. I think the pic is from the All French day last year, I think I found it on PCCV's site.

John

From time to time I've see a very classy orange/yellow 16TS automatic surface around the Mt Lawley area in Perth. It's in fantastic condition. Put that one away for future reference, Stuey - that's if I don't get it first!

Sarosa:
I currently have an R16TX in Melbourne. It's a brown metallic colour and has all the 16TX features. (5speed, electric sunroof, chrome spoiler, 4 Cibie headlights, luxury seats etc) It is currently being restored, (some rust removal, new doors etc) and will be resprayed in original colour. What can I say - it's a beautiful car, looks great and is my current pride and joy! I can't wait to get it back on the road. It was originally from SA and brought to Melbourne about 8 years ago by it's previous owner. I have had it for about a year. If anyone can help me locate some rust free door frames (Rear) I would appraciate it. I have new back door skins so I just need the frames. The left front has been repaired and I am looking for a complete Right hand front one. Any help appreciated.
I have two straight rust free rear R16 doors with all the trim removed. You are welcome to have them for what they cost me ($50 for the pair, plust transport).

I've only kept them because I hoped they'd find a good custodian!!

Cheers

JohnW

JohnW

Sarosa:
I currently have an R16TX in Melbourne. It's a brown metallic colour and has all the 16TX features. (5speed, electric sunroof, chrome spoiler, 4 Cibie headlights, luxury seats etc) It is currently being restored, (some rust removal, new doors etc) and will be resprayed in original colour. What can I say - it's a beautiful car, looks great and is my current pride and joy! I can't wait to get it back on the road. It was originally from SA and brought to Melbourne about 8 years ago by it's previous owner. I have had it for about a year. If anyone can help me locate some rust free door frames (Rear) I would appraciate it. I have new back door skins so I just need the frames. The left front has been repaired and I am looking for a complete Right hand front one. Any help appreciated.
Oh, I've a front one too!

JohnW

Virage Racer:
From time to time I've see a very classy orange/yellow 16TS automatic surface around the Mt Lawley area in Perth. It's in fantastic condition. Put that one away for future reference, Stuey - that's if I don't get it first!
Keith,

There are 2-3 reasonable yellow ones around Perth that I've seen, one with the genuine mags.

Be nice if they turned up to the French Car Day.

Cheers

JohnW

John W,

Your offer on the rear doors sounds great, can you email me directly so we can arrange further details.

sarosa@bigpond.com

Regards,

Sarosa.

Nice to see that the ex South Aus 16TX is being done up. The PO did a fantastic job on the previous paintjob, but it sounds like the rust bug hasn't entirely been eliminated. Although most times I saw it in Melbourne it was always parked on the street, that probably never helped.

Sarosa:
John W,

Your offer on the rear doors sounds great, can you email me directly so we can arrange further details.

sarosa@bigpond.com

Regards,

Sarosa.
Sarosa,

I've emailed you but by strange means as our system connection is down with storm damage. Let me know via this page if it didn't arrive!

JohnW

My father was offered an immaculate one owner 16TS automatic in the mid 80s. It still had the plastic cover on the back seat, and the back had never been sat in.
He didn't get it because he thought it would be cruel to put 3 kids into such a pristine car.
I know where to find a TS with a boiled engine, tucked away in a shed near New Norfolk in Tas. Might get it one day if I ever get the money or time to take on another car :) .

I had a number of 16's about ten years ago. Always regret selling them- they say you never really forget your first love.
My favourite was a Triton Green TS, with matching seats and carpet which, apart from a little ding in the front quarter, was in lovely condition. It was doted over.
It broke my heart to find out that the new owner had given it to his son as a paddock bomb 2 hours after he had got it, and that after three it was written off.
My new car was quiet, economical, defogged quickly, didn't spit water at me through the vents when it rained and when I cornered, I didn't need to tuck my elbows back in from the window to save gravel rash.
Still I sell it in a flash if a TX came my way.. :rolleyes:

I was once offered a TX in Brisbane about 8-10 yrs ago. Was owned by this guy whose uncle had imported it and owned from new. He said that he wasn't sure if he was definately going to sell and suggested a price of $5000. I told him I would buy it if he decided to sell and gave him my phone number. He never did ring! It was immaculate down to the paint. Only the bonnet had been resprayed after someone had scratched it. I have always wondered what had happened to it. Does this ring any bells with anyone? It was in the Garden City shopping centre carpark. I think it was green. (but I'm not sure) I know its a longshot but you never know.

R17G:
I have always wondered what had happened to it. Does this ring any bells with anyone? It was in the Garden City shopping centre carpark. I think it was green. (but I'm not sure) I know its a longshot but you never know.
I heard a green TX was sold in NSW in the last couple of years. But that had been fitted with TS headlights. Could be the same car?

Pugnut403:

I know where to find a TS with a boiled engine, tucked away in a shed near New Norfolk in Tas. Might get it one day if I ever get the money or time to take on another car :) .
Hi Pugnut403,

I would like to know more about this TS tucked away in New Norfolk, as I know of a TS in Brighton with a good engine and a poor body - I think you can guess what I've got in mind.... What's the body like? Do you know how long it's been in storage? etc. etc. More info would be great. I would still love to own a really good 16.

frogs4ever:
Pugnut403:

Hi Pugnut403,

I would like to know more about this TS tucked away in New Norfolk, as I know of a TS in Brighton with a good engine and a poor body - I think you can guess what I've got in mind.... What's the body like? Do you know how long it's been in storage? etc. etc. More info would be great. I would still love to own a really good 16.
A man of taste.

JohnW

If anyone is looking for a good R16, contact mikeneilbig6@hotmail.com or 02 62541040 as he has a Barossa Red 1970 R16TS, registered, for sale. Car is in Canberra.

MIKEEE:
frogs4ever:
peabody:
I think the car you spotted is now owned by a young lady in Leongattha,
kisses tongue renault_ renault_ renault_ a_drink
There are possibly two 16's involved here. One is a Triton Green auto owned by John Elliott of Mont Albert North. It has the optional steel wheels on it and is a TS.

The other is an Avocado green(light Green) that was owned by John Masefield and sold to a young lady in Gippsland. This 16 is a manual TS with sunroof, and when last seen had a black scuttle panel.

The other Triton Green TS Auto that is in Melbourne is owned by Amanda D'Elton who is Mikee's girlfriend.

Happy sixteening!

John E (Mikee's Dad)