I should have known better. Or traps for old players.

In Finland you cant get a licence until you‘ve successfully done 6 hrs on the skidpan

Here if you slide they call you a hoon and take your car away

Our kids are not taught basic skills, among which is skid a) anticipation/prevention and b) correction

Andrew

Most Euro countries have a skid pan (of sorts) part to the test and it is timed too. You can do everything very well but if you don't finish in the time allowed you fail. What surprised me was the instructor exam was the same but the time allowed was halved. That really is gymkhana. Very nice to watch.

Oh, and the skid pan is outdoors. Rain, snow, sunshine, doesn't matter. Same rules apply.

In Finland you cant get a licence until you‘ve successfully done 6 hrs on the skidpan

Our kids are not taught basic skills, among which is skid a) anticipation/prevention and b) correction

Andrew
Working on grandson, once he has the basics...

Andrew
Mate of mine was on holidays in Finland during winter. He saw police writing a ticket to a motorist while another car nearby negotiated intersection with some opposite lock applied. The police did not raise his eyes even to take a look. Different mindset. Driving in those conditions requires controllling slides as a basic skill.