I guess there's no such thing as a "non-runner".

Lesson of this story ... store your junk cars upside down???

If he'd isolated the inlet valves on the dead cylinders it probably would have run OK. The other cylinders would have been drawing air though the two "dead" cylinder's inlet valves (when they were open) via the inlet manifold. Bit harder to do with a side valve engine though.
A mate of mine bought an old Y block V8 Customline with a "miss". When we pulled the rocker cover off, the suspect cylinder had no rocker arms or push rods, so we pulled the head off. There was also no piston and the connecting rod had been cut off at the bottom, so what was left resembled two bearing caps. They'd done this so nothing could hit inside the engine, but also so the engine still had oil pressure.
F#ck knows how long it had been like that for.🤷‍♂️

Am I just an old grinch ? That was a waste of time and effort. Smashed out a couple of pistons and it ran for 1 minute in total. Nothing useful to be done with the engine then ? Just UTube fodder for key board warriors that never did it themselves :eek:

I have rescued a couple of old engines and cars but it was to get a useful item in the end. In PNG the locals occasionally pulled up an outboard from the bottom and they could often get them going and use them, possibly with a lower cyl count than before and no new parts. They refurbished old vehicles from the jungle too for use !! Mostly done by guys with no workshop, no money, no backing and often no formal training either ! :cool:
Jaahn

Am I just an old grinch ? That was a waste of time and effort. Smashed out a couple of pistons and it ran for 1 minute in total. Nothing useful to be done with the engine then ? Just UTube fodder for key board warriors that never did it themselves :eek:

I have rescued a couple of old engines and cars but it was to get a useful item in the end. In PNG the locals occasionally pulled up an outboard from the bottom and they could often get them going and use them, possibly with a lower cyl count than before and no new parts. They refurbished old vehicles from the jungle too for use !! Mostly done by guys with no workshop, no money, no backing and often no formal training either ! :cool:
Jaahn

If this is a popular youtube channel, it will be monetised ... ie: they make money from the views. That video cost them probably a days time to make (and no $$$) .... and possibly made them quite a few thousand $$$ in views ..... and it is entertaining :)

So bottom line, we have harmless entertainment, nobody hurt ... nobody insulted ... no money spent... that some people will enjoy to watch. I don't see the problem :)

If this is a popular youtube channel, it will be monetised ... ie: they make money from the views. That video cost them probably a days time to make (and no $$$) .... and possibly made them quite a few thousand $$$ in views ..... and it is entertaining :)

So bottom line, we have harmless entertainment, nobody hurt ... nobody insulted ... no money spent... that some people will enjoy to watch. I don't see the problem :)
If the guy's around in 50 years time he'll be making videos of himself rolling upside down Teslas back over, whacking a set of jumper leads on them, and going in for a spin.😐🤨🤔🤣🤣🤣

There are ways to watch these videos without sending someone $$$, DC. It's not hard.

There are ways to watch these videos without sending someone $$$, DC. It's not hard.

Youtube pays them. they become popular enough there content pays. not the person watching (well they pay by watching adverts).

Reactions: IWS
YT counts the ads viewed. So don't even connect to them. (Google and Doubleclick are watching AF too)

It really looks impressive, but I don't think it means we should keep our cars till they become junk. I've recently read an article about when is the right time to sell your car https://hdbv5.com/when-is-the-right-time-to-sell-your-car/ and it seems that the main rule is to avoid large expenses such as maintenance or expensive repairs, so the car is better to be sold when it starts breaking down often. I usually do this way.