I Bought a 206 GTi 180 (2004)

And luckily it seals fine.
Is it louder... not hugely, its still quiet when cruising. When you get the revs up it is louder though, ill post a video soon.
1542973478948.jpg1542973487244.jpg and Ill put sime grey or black paint over it so it doesnt stand out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using aussiefrogs mobile app

I have a magna-flow rear muffler which has replaced the stock rear muffler. The rest of the exhaust system on mine is stock.
The magna-flow has a great tone and sounds amazing when getting up in the rpms.

If you can afford it a quaife should be at the top of your list of things to add to the 180.
I’ve had mine in for a couple of months now and the driving experience of pre-quaife to post quaife is chalk and cheese.

Tim.

I had a look at my valve but assumed it was fine. How did you know it was bad?

Sent from my SM-G950F using aussiefrogs mobile app

It was leaking oil

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 505 GR xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

a quaife should be at the top of your list of things to add to the 180

Ah the LSD? or is it a full gear kit? That would be something Id be more inclined to put in myself if I werent worried that there was some major issue with the engine. Though I suppose if I had the gearbox out it would be a good time to open up and inspect the engine

Anybody know what the symptoms of bad hydraulic lifters would be? (in regards to the poor start up when cold)
Mine dont make any noise or anything like that, but I sometimes wonder if they drain overnight so that when its cold it doesnt like to run properly untill theyve been filled again.
Its at the point this winter that I have to be driving down the street for half a km before it runs smooth. I do a lot of 6am starts so its very cold.

Did i mention that if I unplug the VVT solenoid and start it cold, then the car runs perfectly (but obviously has no power). I can start and go immediately the way youd expect with a corolla or something.
I replaced the solenoid with a new one but it didnt change anything.
Im planning to change the coolant temperature sensor (even though it seems to read fine according to my scan tools live data). I disconnected it and started the car cold and started and ran nicely (except that it thought the engine was overheating obviously and threw codes at me and held the thermofans on for a few minutes after I turned it off).
Im just wondering if its some random little issue with a sensor that doesnt show up on a scan tool because its so subtle.

That’s pretty standard for those what oil are you running

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Re:Quaife

My first 180 was particularly prone to a rough start.
With no codes presenting in my case either, the best thing I found for this was letting the pump prime, then kick it over once started let it idle and warm up for 5min (presuming you aren’t already doing so) then it ran like a dream.
My current 180 will occasionally faulter on start and run rough for a second I usually turn it off and repeat the start “process” at which point it runs fine.
While this may not be applicable in your case it certainly works for me.
Also re:Quaife, yes it is a geared differential “automatic torque biasing” as Quaife put it.
You absolutely will not regret it.

Last edited: