How reliable/well built is your RCS ?

ParanoidAndroid

Fellow Frogger
Howdy

Just wondering about people opinions and experiences with their RCS in terms or how reliable and/or well-built they are. I mean mechanically not the fit of panels and the rattles and the little things but engine, gearbox, steering, suspension etc. How do you drive your car, how old is it and whats gone wrong ?

Mine has 22000 k's on it and according to the first owner it hasnt had a single problem but I would be interested to hear what other people have to say.

Cheers

Josh

No Probs with mine

Hi Josh just to let you know I have a RCS with 27000K and have not had a single problem with rattles or any other little annoying things. The only drama I had was a windscreen wiper blade which came apart and left a scratch on the windsreen I am still trying to get Renault to come to the party and accept that maybe the wiper blade should not have come apart but so far they don't believe it is a warranty issue. Good luck with yours hope you don't have any probs.
Flash

26 month old RCS 52000km on the clock. Clutch is showing signs of wear, besides that not one single mechanical problem. I read elsewhere that you are a big bloke, be careful of the lumber support in the seat. I broke mine moving in the seat to get comfy before a drive, i think the adjustment mech is a little flimsy and better suited to the loads a jockey may impart upon it.

Hi,

mine has about 20000 kms on it. No mechanical problems with it at all. In fact it has only ever had one problem and that was a loose wire that caused the airbag warning light to come on. The dealer fixed it and since then the car has been perfect.

Overall it just keeps getting better and better!

Adam

Hi,

Problems... there is a few...

Mechanical/electrical wise.... well just the starting problem in the mornings.... Oh yeah the airbag light thing too.... With the gear box, when at stand still at the lights, selecting 1st gear sometimes makes a donk sound.... Service said they cant hear anything... oh well.....Has Any one else experience this... let me know.. i dont want to be alone here!!!!

Suspension... perfect.... only a clunk when in full lock going over a bump.. nothing major!

Exhaust.. yeah that thing..... well my muffler fell off, was a bit shitty bout that one...

Other than that its a strong lil thing.... :renplak:

RCS 20L said:
With the gear box, when at stand still at the lights, selecting 1st gear sometimes makes a donk sound

got that, wouldn't worry about it. I think sometimes the clutch is not depressed fully, i can't remember when it ever is because the dead pedal is always in the way, unless i only use the tip of my toe!

RCS 20L said:
Exhaust.. yeah that thing..... well my muffler fell off, was a bit shitty bout that one...
that's just funny :)