how many r 12 owners here

Azure:
Haakon:
I can add another R12 to the list here - I've punting about in my brothers Virage here in Perth.
Modifications include very cheap chinese tyres (they are great, I can get wheel spin all the way up to 3rd gear in the wet), speed holes (rust) that I can put my foot through, high tech coat hangers exhaust mounts, and a glorious bright yellow paint job.
Still goes well, and for the $100 it cost him, its a little gem!
hehe ... don't you just love 12's ... the energizer bunny in cars :D
sure are!! Its is just like the R10s I had in that respect - that era of Renos were awesome, bullet proof and with a huge dose of fun built in!

My son has acquired a 77 standard renault12, with a genuine 118000ks.Was shedded for the last 6 years. Redoing the brakes and some paint touch up. Owned by single chap who is a bit of a hermit and rarely driven. Having great problems trying to get the rear brakes to work.Works ok when the pressure equalising bit is removed (allen key bung on the end). Has the dual system master cyclinder with the switch on the moter side. ANY ideas?

Jeff, do you mean the pressure limiter at the back? They are still available, or at least, were a couple of years ago. Probably needs replacement as I don't think they are servicable.

Stuey

Stuey, No, it is in the master cylinder itself and Indicates if one or the other resivors is empty, therefore a pressure difference between the circuits activates the switch. Had the cyclinder resleeved and I'm thinking they may not have redrilled all the holes. Their are two small pistons one with 2 O-rings the other has one. Not sure which way they go in as I did't take them out.The switch is in the middle of them. My parts books do not show these bits as it only goes to 1976, shows a different dual circiut cyclinder.

has anyone got any extractors or sopies of extractors that may be good i like to get all info on mods you people have done .
also how much an what diameter are the selby sway bars thanks .

Jeff, if this is the unit that sits on the side of the cylinder at an angle, my Haynes manual shows the unit in the supplement at the back. The line drawing isn't the best, but it seems to show only a single seal on either piston, and each side seems identical. Of course, if this isn't the unit, then ignore what I've written!

Cheers

Stuey