how many r 12 owners here

Put me down for one, mods include Pioneer CD/Radio fitment and crunched rear corner/bent axle due to altercation with a Nissan Pulsar.

These may not be the mods you are looking for...

mate i no how u feel
last year i got run off the road bent my rear axle so i put bigger brakes in rear , and smashed my lhf lwr wishbones an hub replaced that too are u goingto be at french car day in adeladie i will be look out seeya there daniel

My 1976 1.4L wagon is absolutely stock standard and in daily (on alternate weeks with the 306) use.

Hi all, I'm in the process of restoring an R12. It's been on going for 3 years now, when it originally was suppose to take 1 year! :confused:
No mods, she is going to be stock standard, apart from the Fuego centre roof aerial and stereo. I've also had a set of Dunlop wheels restored for her.
At the moment she's been completely stripped down, new front guards fitted and I'm about to start the spray job.
Let the fun begin!!
cheers!
Cheers renomad

"Why be normal"

I've got 4 r12's ... doing up 2 of them. One will be a gordini replica apart from the fuel tank and dash, and the other an r17 powered virage :eek: )

(David ... one day i'll have to come over to French Connection for a nice french blue paint job! ... can't wait)

Sylvain dance

One of your usual paint jobs or are you being more restrained on this one?

Thought I saw you at Eastern Creek, but didn't get a chance to catch up.

Regards
kevin.

renault8&10:
One of your usual paint jobs or are you being more restrained on this one?

Thought I saw you at Eastern Creek, but didn't get a chance to catch up.

Regards
kevin.
No ... wasn't me :(
Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to drive my new 12's around yet ... only my trusty old orange original

Hi all

I have an old beaten up R12 1976 I use for work. I am also restoring a 1974 R12 wagon that has had little done to it over the past 15 years. The plan is to use R15/R17 motor; R18 5 speed box; Selby sway bars; Bilstein shocks; new paint; and anything else I think to enhance performance.

Regards Col

I have a 1974 R12 sedan that I am trying to keep as close to standard (or to look close to standard) as possible. The only nonstandard bits:

1.4 litre motor.
Transistor assisted Ignition.
Central locking
Intermittant Wipers
Inertia Seat belts front and rear

I have a 5 speed R18 gear box that I was planning to into the old girl one day but don’t think it’s worth it.

Ren

cheers!

Hi Azure,

The central locking kit was just an aftermarket kit that I bought from Supercheap when it was on special. Cost me $39.00 I think. Didn't have to break anything but I had to modify the lock mechanisms by welding an arm onto them.
The back doors were a bit tricky because there isn't a separate lock button/lever. Front door locks will fit in the back doors however. The later doors already have the holes drilled for the front lock mechanism and the masonite on the door card is cut out as well. A front door outer handle and push button has to be used and pin on the push button on the back door has to be shortened as the distance between the lock and the outer skin is less but it’s pretty easy to do.
Apart from the additional lock buttons on the inside of the back doors (and the wiring), it all looks the same.
I haven’t figured out how to get the central lock to work on the boot, any ideas anyone?

Ren
cheers!

One way I though of would be some sort of sliding plate arrangement, between end of button extension and tounge release. You would leave the boot unlocked and the sliding plate could be mechanically placed in the gap between the button pushrod and tongue, thereby blocking the button from pushing on the tongue itself.

Would require some fabrication, might also make the bootlid a bit heavy, meaning tensioning up the springs...

guys the response has been good i trying to colaberate a list of modifications for renault 12 s what works and what dosent .
So all the info has been good as i have konis in the front of my 12 custom made rear springs extractors 1.4 liter motor and the early model 12 g/box which has shorter ratios.
but im always wantiongto find out new things as what can make the 12 s go faster.
i also has the dizzie recourved for more power spread .

I can add another R12 to the list here - I've punting about in my brothers Virage here in Perth.
Modifications include very cheap chinese tyres (they are great, I can get wheel spin all the way up to 3rd gear in the wet), speed holes (rust) that I can put my foot through, high tech coat hangers exhaust mounts, and a glorious bright yellow paint job.
Still goes well, and for the $100 it cost him, its a little gem!

Haakon:
I can add another R12 to the list here - I've punting about in my brothers Virage here in Perth.
Modifications include very cheap chinese tyres (they are great, I can get wheel spin all the way up to 3rd gear in the wet), speed holes (rust) that I can put my foot through, high tech coat hangers exhaust mounts, and a glorious bright yellow paint job.
Still goes well, and for the $100 it cost him, its a little gem!
hehe ... don't you just love 12's ... the energizer bunny in cars :D