Honda to leave F1 in 2021

Red Bull and their subordinate team comprise 4 cars on the grid.
That’s hard to ignore.
And if Red Bull stay in F1 they will be guaranteed an engine. Renault will be the default supplier for them.
I wonder if Red Bull would rethink their involvement altogether. Except they have signed on for a few more years.
A rock and a hard place 🤬

Yeah, the Renault power units seem to have reached acceptable level of reliability and some analysis place them as the second most powerful engine on the grid after Mercedes, the deficit being estimated at around 25 hp. Honda is third and Ferrari is last in the power stakes since they hit their engine hurdle. Engine development has been halted this year as a Covid cost cutting measure. Some reliability mods will be allowed,

So who is left making engines in F1. Reno, Merc, Ferrari?

Well sh1t,

F1's going to be veeeeeeeeeeeery different in a couple of years.

Oh well, bring back the DFV.

I saw that the other day.. oh what the world would be like with a large disposable income..

FormulaE must be watching all these manufactures just hanging by the phone now.

Heck, I wish the FIA would just declare F1 to be electric (limit on battery wieght maybe?) and jump start the techno-wars we saw in the turbo error but with elec vehicles.

Last edited:
I can't see the electric race cars ever replacing the F1. In my opinion, sound is a big part of the whole race experience. Remember how they got rid of the fart exhausts on the current F1's little while back as it wasn't cool.

I have watched e racing on TV. Not sure I will be in a hurry to watch it again

Red Bull's contract includes the option to leave F1. They will consider all options before decision is made.

I can't see the electric race cars ever replacing the F1. In my opinion, sound is a big part of the whole race experience. Remember how they got rid of the fart exhausts on the current F1's little while back as it wasn't cool.

I have watched e racing on TV. Not sure I will be in a hurry to watch it again

Sound was a big part of the experience, I'd offer they have already lost that with these turbo muffled V6's now anyway.

Petrol is dead, all the manufacutures have plans to move of the dirty crud now, just a matter of time, move to electric already F1.

Hard to pick winners given the close racing and so many offs recently, nothing like F1

Reactions: COL