hmmm... what's happening?

Nil Time said:
Greetings all;

Well, I drive one of the "new" C2's and proudly display an AF sticker on it...so I certainly wave at other Cits :D

Graelin, I understand where you come from regarding motorcyclists and the wave..I wave to all the mo'bikes I see when I am piloting my Trumpy around country roads...and most of the time I get a wave back from other riders.

Except for Harley drivers...who very rarely wave back..I guess it is because they have their hands full trying to steer their over priced, underperforming land barges! :crazy: My :2cents:

Cheers

Glad somene else shares my lack of appreciaion for Harleys.

Graelin

Well, tonight I was coming down the motorway from looking at a car, and I overtook a 2cv, on its way back from the 2cv world meeting in scotland. (the scottish flags flying was a big clue) I tooted the horn and waved, and got a wave back. I'm surprised they were still awake, as they must have been travelling all day (it's over 1000km from the meeting, to where I saw it)
john s
Oh, yes here in england, nearly all bikers wave at each other, I used to on my GPz 900!

There are 2 other Xsaras in Shepparton and they both wave back, I guess it is still the country.

when I was 5 we lived on King Island tassy. every car you passed the driver would lift there index finger off the wheel to wave. 4 years ago we went back to look around and they still do it we were chuffed when the first car we passed coming out of the airport gave us the island wave. Love that place.

Cheers

mattg said:
when I was 5 we lived on King Island tassy. every car you passed the driver would lift there index finger off the wheel to wave.
It's rude not to wave to the relations :joker:

- xTc :evil: :clown: -

--C5/C2/C3/C4/etc... forget it .... Highly unlikely you'll get a wave from them. To new, not yet in enthusiests hands.

Shane i will always wave to other french cars......Dont run down all C3 owners....:roflmao: :roflmao:

Try waving to someone driving a berlingo!! The odds are 100,000-1 that you'll receive a wave back.

Thousands of Berlingos around Sydney, definitely more then the holden combo's.

Nil Time said:
Geeeez, Cooch - is that not being somewhat derogatory to the Tractors??? :roflmao:

Well tractors are used for ploughing straight ahead! Great at cornering at low speed too. Ride? well nothing like a big sprung seat for your celulite city.

Having recently sold my RS Clio and now driving a Xsara VTR, I'm gonna wave to all other Cits that I see...
When I wave at other RS Clio's they'll think I'm a complete loser :joker:

Clio Cup said:
Having recently sold my RS Clio and now driving a Xsara VTR, I'm gonna wave to all other Cits that I see...
When I wave at other RS Clio's they'll think I'm a complete loser :joker:

Wave to me!

I'll admit, I don't wave to C3, C5 or berlingo drivers, I wouldn't expect them to wave back. If they wave to me I'll definately return the gesture.

Most Xsara's I see are 5 door auto's and have older ladies in them, once again, I wouldn't expect a wave in return.

I wave to C2 drivers, anyone who buys a C2 over a non-french car in that class should understand the wave - IF THEY WOULD NOTICE ME!

UFO said:
Wanna feel like a Citroen leper? Try driving an XM in Aus. Practically NO ONE waves back:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Mind you, in the D it's different.

As others have said the new people to Cits have no idea. With the lack of recognition from the new dealers is it surprising?

Mort parked his black safari on the forecourt of a new dealer in the geographic centre of Sydney recently and they had ZIPPO idea that it was even a Citroen. :mad:
Similar experience here in the land of Uk, where XMs appear to be rapidly becoming extinct.

Wanting some info on the C1, I parked my XM outside the prats dept. of the new Citroen dealer in Stafford. The terrified glances from the other side of the glass made me chuckle :wink2: , but at least they knew what the car was. Spotty sales-youth in the showroom didn't have a clue! :confused:

UFO said:
Wanna feel like a Citroen leper? Try driving an XM in Aus. Practically NO ONE waves back:cry::cry::cry::cry:
:mad:

So true. The older Citroen owners see the XM as too modern and the current model owners don't know a Citroen from a bar of soap.

At least they are invisable to car thieves and plod.

regards
sean

Le wave

I constantly wave to all other cit drivers on the road, but very seldom get one back. Once, I beeped and waved to a 50 something lady in a blue Xsara VTR - I was in the same coloured VTS at the time. She shooed me away with a motion of her hand and looked at me like i'd asked her for a shag.

This morning I pulled up next to a young girl in a Pluriel. When I smiled and waved at her she stared at me blankly, then gazed in the opposite direction. Yeah, it's frustrating, but what a great feeling when you do get acknowledgement from another Citroen lover. I'd say it only occurs about one in ten times round my 'hood, but i'll keep on extending a friendly gesture regardless of what's coming back the other way.

keith
p.s. there's two elderly gents that drive 2CVs in my town that always look pretty chuffed whenever I give 'em a howdy - just one example of it not being all bad.

Well... i can die a happy man... i got wave yesterday from someone in a Berlingo!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Uga Boga said:
Well... i can die a happy man... i got wave yesterday from someone in a Berlingo!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Someone in a berlingo almost killed me yesterday while I was driving a bus, does that count? I'm on the correct side of the road, but he must have thought he was in france! :D john s

Last edited:
smiffy1071 said:
Someone in a berlingo almost killed me yesterday while I was driving a bus, does that count? I'm on the correct side of the road, but he must have thought he was in france! :D john s

I bet they got a wave of a different sort!:nownow: or similar :D