Hi Guys and gals. Anyone have a 407 yet?

Rod Hagen

1000+ Posts
Sorry I've been away, but I've had too much work to do and too little time to do it! (Still have, I'm afraid for the next little while)!

This may well be old news to you all, but I came across (totally by accident) a rather nice piece on the 407 on the UK Channel4 site the other day that I couldn't let go without passing on. Apologies if its already been seen here. see http://www.channel4.com/apps26/4car/jsp/main.jsp?lnk=220&storyid=2524

Not sure about that front overhang though or the mouth designed for snaffling wombats!!

(Still, for the benefit of our resident "bloody Volvo driver" it's worth noting the presence of 6 speed manual as well as a 6 speed auto!) ;)

Cheers

Rod

The styling: front doesnt go with the back. Back is messy and clumsy. The front is almost great, but the hole is too big.
Hope they give it decent engines.
A mercedes buyer isn't going to buy it are they.

Last edited:
Rod Hagen said:
(Still, for the benefit of our resident "bloody Volvo driver" it's worth noting the presence of 6 speed manual as well as a 6 speed auto!) ;)
Welcome back Rod :) Thanks for your concern Rod, but this bloody Volvo driver was already on top of it - from an earlier post.

rek said:
Pug307 said:
rek said:
Hopefully there will be a 407 "Mi24" type sporty version with a 6 speed box somewhere :dance:

Yep, you don't need to hope, V6 with 6 speed auto :D
You are going straight to hell :whip: :roflmao:
The 607 should get that 6sp update, having lots of gears is important in that segment. I would suspect the 6sp auto is only going to be available with the V6.

The car arrives downunder in just under a year.