Help with HP increases in 2.0 Fuego engine

Nothing flash about the chamber design in Standard/Triumph engines back then, just a simple bathtub with a rather large squish zone. I can't remember the cam timing, but there was bags of overlap, you could feel it was there above about 2000 RPM. Ports were polished etc, bigger valves, double springs.... combustion spaces were all matched for volume. All balanced up it easily ran out over 6000 RPM and was more than a match for the local hot Holden brigade.
Triumph six cylinder engines were the same basic design - the front and back plates fitted both 6 & 4 versions
crikey, another fool.... :)
Bob
Hi :) I had a mate with a Standard 10 and we did quite a few trips around in it. Slept in the back. Took it to Bathurst, Orange, Mudgee and places around there. It was standard but I 'tuned it up' to run OK and surprisingly it cornered well on cross ply tires. The steering went all light and funny when you lifted the inside front wheel off the deck. Gees we might have done something silly if we had more power !! Very controlable though and did not loose the tail and go off backwards like a R750 ;) The diff ran low on oil one trip and we had it replaced by a wrecker while we went shooting. That was a good days work :cool:
Jaahn

Reactions: bob
All this talk about compression, the kids have it good these days with access to E85. We used to regularly host young lads in civics who were running 13:1+ compression in B and K series engines. $1000 computer, bigger volume fuel pump, dyno, and off they went :D

I haven't looked, but I'm assuming they make E85 suitable gasket's and floats for DCOE's DHLA's etc etc. Even easier?

So, where did we get to? Did we work out a plan for the original poster? Or just reminiscing about the past?

Open wheeler with Fug motor, oh goodie you better share some pics of this chariot!

Assuming you have the 2L pushrod engine? FYI this was shared with the Peugeot 505, and I think late 504's if that helps with random google searching for bits.
It is the 2l overhead cam engine, so no pushrods :) J6R. Couple of pics attached!
20231022_081515_resized.jpg
20231022_083141_resized.jpg

How good is that :)

Those rear uprights, what are they? They look like FWD uprights with that rigid member holding them in where the steering rods would be?

How good is that :)

Those rear uprights, what are they? They look like FWD uprights with that rigid member holding them in where the steering rods would be?
:) the uprights in the rear are all the fuego front bits. So yes, the steering arms are now my toe adjustment. It's fuego engine, transaxle, driveshafts, uprights and brakes.

:) the uprights in the rear are all the fuego front bits. So yes, the steering arms are now my toe adjustment. It's fuego engine, transaxle, driveshafts, uprights and brakes.
I've just drilled out the top taper in the uprights, put in a bronze sleeve so I can run the heim joint with a bolt rather than the factory ball joint.

I mean that's really good. :)

I love that you took all the bits and built some fun around it