Help required identifying vehicle

Raybies

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
FB_IMG_1685702859232.jpg
FB_IMG_1685702859232.jpg

Doncaster Shopping Town circa 1975.
Blue car second row from the front and second car in from the left. Does it look like a Citroen Ami? If you say Toyota Corona you're looking in the wrong spot.

If you mean the vehicle on drivers side of dark blue tc cortina with white roof,going by headrests on bucket seats and left front guard/bonnet line/headlamp appearance I would say Mazda 1200/1300,could be wrong..jim

The Ami has round windscreen corners and the roof gutter runs right around across the top of the windscreen, you would be able to see the gutter crossing the A pillar if it was an Ami.
There's a shrub hiding the roofline at the back of the car, but if you look through the car's windows you can just make out a conventionally sloping C pillar on the far side.

I would say Mazda 1500, known as the Luce in other markets. Looks very similar to the white one in the foreground.
Other notable cars include an Austin Princess Vanden Plas, probably a 4.0 litreR leaving towards the top in a common beige colour scheme, a Datsun 2 door SSS with an aftermarket vinyl full length roof and an Austin 1800 mk2 in an attractive two tone colour scheme. Ignore the Holden FB which had a top speed of 79 mph (and that was down hill).

I think it's a 1975 Cortina. The blackened rear panel, over riders and slope of the roof being the identifyable features.

1685739033214.jpeg

Upon reflection, the headrests don’t look like a Mazda’s as the later had ”ears” and not all had head rests. Probably another Corona. The angle of the a pillar doesn’t look the same as the Mazda. Great photo btw. It shows a very varied selection of cars, even a wonderful Morris Marina (just joking).

3 different Valiants, 3 XR/XT Falcons, couple of HK/T/G Holdens, a mustard 144 Volvo, Morris 1100, a Mini under the awning, an XB GS or GT in the far background, a white Mercedes, a MK2 Cortina on the far left. The US style, teal car with the white roof under the palm tree??? Ford Customline??? I actually thought the beige one in front of this car was another Mercedes.🤷‍♂️
The brown wagon with the white roof below the teal car???

If you're meaning this car, it's a Datsun 180B SSS. (Image upscaled with Topaz Gigapixel AI.)

Cars.jpg

Blue car second row from the front and second car in from the left. Does it look like a Citroen Ami? If you say Toyota Corona you're looking in the wrong spot.

I think @Rabies is asking about the blue car here. . .

FB_IMG_1685702859232.jpeg

Cheers
Chris

Did Renault 16’s come in that blue? Windscreen looks upright enough, tombstones would fit, though roof rails and dip mid- bonnet not particularly evident. Would have been handy if we could see the rear pillar.

I would have thought that beige car leaving might be a Mercedes W108 rather than a VDP.

Did Renault 16’s come in that blue? Windscreen looks upright enough, tombstones would fit, though roof rails and dip mid- bonnet not particularly evident. Would have been handy if we could see the rear pillar.

I would have thought that beige car leaving might be a Mercedes W108 rather than a VDP.
I think the Falcon in front has an external sunvisor that is giving a distorted impression of the headlight shape on the blue car as well?

Yes I thought MB for the beige car, it looks like it has a chrome beltline strip which would be a bit gauche on a VDP.😉

I think @Rabies is asking about the blue car here. . .

Cheers
Chris
I knew that and It could well be an Ami. They really stand out in a crowd.

1685754619906.jpeg

Triumph 2500 with the AMI seats as found in Toyota Crowns of the time. May have also been in Ramblers of the time but nor certain if AMI assembled these.

Triumph 2500 with the AMI seats as found in Toyota Crowns of the time. May have also been in Ramblers of the time but nor certain if AMI assembled these.
Yes AMI assembled Ramblers too.

This is a tricky thread, because you have to remember the difference between Ami and AMI.

I was at first puzzled as to why a Triumph 2500 and a Toyota Crown would have Ami seats!