Help...Pug 307 1.6L "high fuel pressure"

jongiger

Tadpole
Hi,
Please help, my 2007 Peugeot 307 1.6L diesel won’t run, it stalls below 2000rpm until its at running temp, then will idle but sounds like it's pinging. Then tends to switch to limp mode.

I’ve printed the associated error codes and they read as follows…

P1166 “Maximum rail pressure exceeded”

Associated variables:
o Engine speed: 0129 rpm
o Diesel pressure: 1757 Bar
o Diesel limited pressure 0322 Bar
o Pump output: 0 mm3/sec
o Diesel flow regulator voltage: 01000mV

P1633 “Fault inside ECU”

Associated variables:
o Engine speed: 0000 rpm
o Air flow voltage: 051 mV
o Inlet air temperature: 212 degrees Celsius
o Gross flow injected: 000 mg/stroke
o Status of engine: Initialisation

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Cheers
Jon

P1166 “Maximum rail pressure exceeded”

Associated variables:
o Engine speed: 0129 rpm
o Diesel pressure: 1757 Bar
o Diesel limited pressure 0322 Bar
o Pump output: 0 mm3/sec
o Diesel flow regulator voltage: 01000mV
High fuel pressure while the pump is set to zero output would suggest a stuck fuel pressure regulator

However the reported ECU fault is concerning.
I noticed it's reporting the intake air temp at 212c. That's obviously wrong. This may be a clue as to the possible problem.
This will probably require extensive testing with a multi-meter to diagnose.
Maybe start by testing the voltages at components like the fuel pressure regulator and air flow meter match what is being reported in PP2000. If they don't match up, it would suggest that there is indeed a ECU fault.

Edit: Don't test the injector voltage as it may be High Voltage!!!

Possibly a bad connection at fuel pressure sensor check by removing battery and come in from rear of engine towards the cam belt bit of a hassle also try disconnecting the suction valve on the pump see what pressure you get then they are available on eBay quite cheap also make sure there is no petrol in the system I have seen pressures go really high or really low when miss fuelled remove filter and pour out to be sure

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

Does the 1.6 HDi HP Fuel pump have a "replaceable" pressure regulator (pressure control valve) or is it integral?

Perhaps the regulator needs some maintenance?

I know you can buy seal kits for the 2.0 variety but I don't know about the 1.6.

Help...Pug 307 1.6L "high fuel pressure"

IMG_1506849890.652054.jpg
I would be making SURE there is no petrol in the system.

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

It has a regulator solenoid on high pressure pump at rear of engine on drivers side and is an absolute head ache to get access too unlike the 2.0 hdi which is reasonably simple to replace in comparison.