help, massive oil leak

rogue

Fellow Frogger
hey all i woke up this morning to my car lapping it up in a pool of oil..

i had a closer inspection and it seems there is oil comming out from a pipe under my car, im pretty sure its not engine oil as considering how much oil ive lost there hasnt been much of a change, according to my dipstick..

any ideas??

:adrink: :cheers:

pugrambo said:
gearbox/diff oil ?

i'd be getting underneath and see where it is dripping from

how much oil was on the ground ?

yeah i can see where it is dripping from, but its hard to explain as my car vocab is rather limited, but here goes

it is directly underneath the front of my car and it's dripping out of a pipe (the only one visible if u pop you head under) which runs right behind the front fender..

Power steering fluid??

Cheers
Chris

GreenBlood said:
Power steering fluid??

Cheers
Chris

its an s2 205, no powersteering..

so i presume it must be geerbox or diff oil?

if it is can i drive it to my servo? its about a 15 min drive.. or will i need to get it towed

It could also be auto trans fluid if it's an automatic, it'll have a black appearance, but with a red tinge, until you touch it and you can see it's red.

Is the pool large or small?

dripping out of a pipe ?

do you have an oil cooler on the car ?

if not then the oil must be dripping from i would say your oil filter or around that area onto the pipe and then the ground

that pipe i would also say would be an AC pipe

it pool is pretty large, when i backed the car out i stream followed it.. so it leaking a rather quick rate, quick when the car is on..

i rang the boys at auto paris they think it may be the oil cooler too..

but i have to wait till tuesday for them to have a peek!

patience aint one of my virtues :mallet: :mallet:

thanks for the help gents!

can you do a temp by-pass of the oil cooler ie join the inlet and outlet with some pipe and clamps?

Cheers ...... Nick