HELP!!! Anyone know the name of this missing part

millsjared

Tadpole
Tadpole
Misses brought a cheapy 2006 307 1.4 auto before were able to check and once we did we noticed this was missing, all I know is that the oil passes out of the hole as soon as we put it in the engine and it is located on the passenger side about a quarter way down the engine near the top of it

Not allowing me to post a picture of it but it is a bigger hole with 4 bolts around, two either side of it and 2 about an inch up from it

Its a bit vague. If you post letters 6-7-8 of the VIN we will know exactly which engine you have. I'm suspecting a TU3JP. but the code will confirm that.

The default photo viewer of any modern computer can reduce image size to under 1 MB to be allowed in the forum. Select save as and save the image as a JPG with reduced quality. If the original is from a mobile phone you may have to reduce to under 50%.

Is this the engine?
peugeot-tu3jp.jpg

The VIN is the Vehicle Identification Number. Should be on rego papers. (About 13 digits long)

I'm sorry abit confused just pot the 6th 7th and 8th letter of my vin
Did you get a registration certificate when you purchased the car?

In addition to the registration plate number, this document will have a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), or chassis number. You will note that this number is 14 characters long, and a mixture of letter and numbers.

The VIN will also be found in a couple of identification plates affixed to the car, and usually also stamped onto the frame somewhere visible.

If you quote the VIN - or at least the 6th, 7th and 8th characters - people will have much more chance of working out what your problem is.

So does that mean the part here in au is a blanking plate??