Hello from England C4 query

wozza

Tadpole
Hey im Tom

Currently got a C4 VTR+ coupe in wicked red and love the car to bits just after some nicer sounds so looking at upgrading the front components. Just wondering if any of you had done this?

As seem to be one of the only forums on the net with a few C4 owners. And if so What size are the components up front?

Have a feeling there 5 inch comps but would rather ask before i have to resort to pulling the doors to bits to find out. Be my luck to put it back and end up with the worst rattles ever that would drive me insane.

Anyhelp would be appreciated thanks Tom.

Thanks mate. No one got any idea of the speaker size then?

Just annoying me listening to music in there at the moment and when im doing around 400 miles a week spend a fair amount of time in there. Would like to have something i can listen to and enjoy while behind the wheel.

Looks like im gonna have to take the doors apart.

Hi and welcome.
My C4 had terrible rattles right from the get go. So much so it nearly drove me insane.My wife couldn't hear it until I pointed it out to her...:confused: Must be a female thing:) On the first service they removed the driver's door panel and tinkered. End result no more noise.
So based on my experience it seems that door rattle problems can be fixed. My advice is go for it. Anyway you can always turn the sound up so loud you can't hear it.

Paulinqld said:
Hi and welcome.
My C4 had terrible rattles right from the get go. So much so it nearly drove me insane.My wife couldn't hear it until I pointed it out to her...:confused: Must be a female thing:) On the first service they removed the driver's door panel and tinkered. End result no more noise.
So based on my experience it seems that door rattle problems can be fixed. My advice is go for it. Anyway you can always turn the sound up so loud you can't hear it.

i had some rattles on the passenger side at first where the top section of the door is the part that sticks out drove me bloody insane for a while until the dealers fixed it.

Did you guys have the ABS block recall out there? And did any of your cars suffer from sticking door handles? As theres now a fix for that. Was a common problem over here.

Love the car thought. But i might see how i feel later and go about taking the door apart. Should be...fun!

TroyO said:
We don't get the C4 in the VTR+ spec in Australia. How does it differ to the VTR?

Troy.
Dual zone climate control, 17" alloys, Auto wipers auto lights. front armrest. Bodycoloured dooor handles front and rear bumpers runb strips got colour coded.

Lumbar adjustment on drivers seat rear armrest with a storage thing in it. Heat reflecting windscreen extra 12v power socket. foldaway partitioning thing for the boot. sunglasses holder and lid for one of the storage compartments in the boot.

Thats all the options above the specs of the VTR in the UK. Possibly different out there though anyways.

But really i just wanted the climate control and the 17" wheels just made the car look much better and makes it a lot more comfortable to be in. Just after getting the spoiler from the VTS fitted now. As i think it really does make the car look so much better.

http://mybigspoon.com/wozza/Car%20pictures/C4%20side.JPG

Not sure if the VTR has the same lower front splitter cant remember off top of my head. But the wheels i liked.

!bump if anyone is interested the C4 uses 6 inch speakers in the front.

And since having the panels off and put back on my little rattles have completely dissapeared.