has anyone stalled thier C2 vtr?

BalleR

Tadpole
Just wondeing if this has ever happened to anybody? Im curious because it happened to me last night. Last week, it went under a software update, and its been shifting gears nicely for the most part, but last night, i was at a set of lights, on a flat road, about to take off, and the car shuddered like mad, felt like it was going to shake to bits, then stalled. I started it up again, and it took off as normal.

BalleR said:
Just wondeing if this has ever happened to anybody? Im curious because it happened to me last night. Last week, it went under a software update, and its been shifting gears nicely for the most part, but last night, i was at a set of lights, on a flat road, about to take off, and the car shuddered like mad, felt like it was going to shake to bits, then stalled. I started it up again, and it took off as normal.

Cool! Something else to look forward to!! Just about every night my wife (who drives the car daily) comes home with a 'guess what it did today' story.
I must admit, our C2 has been better sime the last (2 weeks ago) set of updates.
Unfortunately, the same can't be said for Perth Citroen dealers. . .for them, the song certainly remains the same.

Stalling?

That it is a new one.

My C2 has never stalled. However, if it goes into Winter mode, it automatically starts off in second gear. It then revs and slips the clutch until we get going. Luckily, this is a very rare occurence.

Are you taking it back to the dealer and telling him about it?

Cheers

I had that snow mode problem just after i got the car also, that hasnt happened since the 1500km service.

I didnt think that the car could stall either, and i hadnt heard about this problem before. I guess i should contact the dealer, but that will waste another day without a car. I already wasted a day last week on thier unscheduled software update.

Im not sure they will know how to rectify the issue anyway, seems like this sensodrive system is something theyre continually developing and coming across faults at the consumers expense.

I ended up ringing service, but obviously the service manager is at lunch, at 2:00 mind you. And no call back from them either. The secretary there however advised that if it stalled once, theres not much chance of doing anything about it. I found that mildy amusing. Ill be down there first thing in the morning.

I didnt realise it was common place for a car with 3800 kms to stall, when its meant to automatically function. As far as im concerned, it happening once is one time too many. I wont even get into the previous issues ive had.