GTi180 - My knob fell off... :(

John Wiltshire

Fellow Frogger
Sorry folks, couldn't resist that title...

The gear knob on my GTi180 just broke off in my hand :(

It looks like the knob itself is held on to the plastic bushing by a rubber insert, it's the rubber that has just sheared off.

Gluing won't work, has anybody ever had or fixed this problem? Also it looks like the the plastic fitting will be a bugger to remove from the gear stick, any advice here?

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• 2E1F9A1B-2D19-4EDE-B5BD-8CB5118293B1.jpeg
    2E1F9A1B-2D19-4EDE-B5BD-8CB5118293B1.jpeg
    858.8 KB · Views: 75
Pretty much every 206 has had a knob fail easy to replace you just loosen the bottom of the gaiter and pull up then clip the cable tie holding the gaiter to the knob be aware some aftermarket knobs are very light and make the shift feel awful.

Thanks for that. I've just found some youtube vids of how to remove the fitting. Called Peugeot and the aluminum knob is NLA but generic Peugeot shift knob is black plastic and 6 weeks away from France.

MoMo make a couple of similar knobs (and I take your point about the weight) and there are universal adaptors to hold the boot in place. That might be the solution, otherwise it's reproduction Peugeot knobs from fleabay.

Have a knob off a 207 GTI which appears very similar you're welcome to. The wiser here will know if it will fit. Pics below - you pay postage and its yours as it just sitting around here. Dark spots are just dirt and grime from istting in garage

IMG_20230427_080059548.jpg
IMG_20230427_080053283.jpg