GTi-6 encounters wildlife

pugrambo

Going slightly mad
VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
ok guys
as some of you may know i hit a roo in the car on the way to sydney for the redex send off
i have finally stuck some pics up if anyone would like to see what wildlife encounters can do in the bush
in the folder 306 roo is the damaged car minus the grille as i had already taken that out
i was lucky it wasn't touched in the encounter
in the folder 306 new parts is pics of the naturally the new parts back on the car
the grille is now also back in the car in case anyone is wondering and i'll get around to painting the bonnet soon when i get some time

click <a href="http://au.f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/pugrambo_au" target="_blank">here</a> for pics

pugrambo
[QB]ok guys
as some of you may know i hit a roo in the car on the way to sydney for the redex send off
i have finally stuck some pics up if anyone would like to see what wildlife encounters can do in the bush
Crikey! Bad Roo!

Seriously though, is that a new bonnet or the (heavily beaten) original?

Regards,

Simon

it's the new bonnet
the old one is ready to go out for clean up day here later this month
it also has a new rad support in it as well
luckily that was the only damage to the car
it missed the bumper and the lights
the roos head was on the drivers side of the car and it's bum was on the passenger side and it's tail just touched the passenger side guard
we breed them big out here

i hit a roo a couple of years ago in my 3-week old 306 Rallye and had the opposie problem- didnt damage the bonnet at all - it went under the car...

7 weeks later i got the car back and it was never the same. it was about the time where sime darby took over as distributor for Peugeot so the old distributor didnt have any parts. I couldnt get the same bumper - got a sportier bumper instead which was nice. the radiator was here in plenty of time but the air-con condensor took forever to get here...

so think yourself lucky that you got panel damage...

another central west pug owner - we should get together for a drive...

Pugrambo,

Glad noone in the car was hurt.

do you have a spare Pug logo that resides in the middle of the bonnet or was yours damaged?

How much was the cost of the repair?

i re used the emblem from the old bonnet
it didn't get damaged either
bonnet was $400 including $50 freight
and rad support $200 including $25 freight

What's with everyone having encounters with roos of late.Just other day i went mountain biking and nearly got taken out by one of those ugly looking black/grey kangaroos! eek!

all the rain of late after such a long dry spell

not saying the drought is over it's a long way from it but the roos have had a taste of rain and are out in numbers finding fresh feed

the drought isn't over yet as the dingoes aren't breeding in any great numbers