GS exhaust bits.

dalderton

Fellow Frogger
Does anyone have or know a source for GS exhaust bits particularly the Y shaped section that joins the two sides together.

AutoFrance should have that. It's a bit of a bugger to replace & seal properly so I'd put a new one in rather than second hand.

gibgib said:
It's a bit of a bugger to replace & seal properly so I'd put a new one in rather than second hand.

That's putting it mildly, Gerry :roflmao:. I think they had a contest to see how many clamps they could put in GS exhaust.

Paul

exhaust

by the way i think other's have mentioned it before but best off to re-assemble from the front forwards to get a proper seal the flange fit is excellent when it's assembled properly (u shouldn't need any putty at all)

if u use a second hand y pipe best off to hit it with a wire wheel on a bench grinder to clean it up properly (and corresponding cups too)

Yeah, I'm not sure what make of front pipe I ended up getting from Auto France (wasn't a Citroen one) earlier this year, but it sure was pricey :cry:

I'm told that Walker do the whole system, but I don't like my Walker muffler -- I had to hit it with a hammer to make it fit, and it goes "burble burble brrrk burble" at idle :rolleyes: Could be my engine of course :joker:

I've had endless trouble getting the exhaust tight on my current car, stemming, I think, from a third-party Y-pipe that has the mouting bracket about 10mm too far back... there have been some naughty words said about the whole thing.

Chris