GS engine oil supply pipes

jimrolli

Tadpole
Has anybody got some good engine oil supply piping/tubes for a GS engine that i can purchase? Mine is a 1220 engine…not sure if they differ between engines. The lines that run to both heads and from the oil pressure switch etc.
I think Steely in QLD has some (he’s checking for me on Monday) but I’m Melbourne based…I’m a bit worried they might not transport well.
Thanks
Jim

I had corrosion in one pipe , on the right side where it is held onto the front wih a rubber lined clamp, the ribber had perished causing it to rub against the clamp etc, and patched in a copper pipe onto it, it might be worth taking what you have and getting it refabricated using the existing connection ends?

I had corrosion in one pipe , on the right side where it is held onto the front wih a rubber lined clamp, the ribber had perished causing it to rub against the clamp etc, and patched in a copper pipe onto it, it might be worth taking what you have and getting it refabricated using the existing connection ends?
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes that was my first thought as well but the mechanic working on the car doesn’t want to do that. Might have to if nothing shows up.
Cheers
Jim

thats ridiculous. why would they not want a simple and inexpensive solution? Finding a decent oil pipe set could be a real pita. I fixed mine with a patch up because sourcing another proved futile and I was confident that the repair will last. Otherwise I would definitely have chosen to just get the measurements and chop off the old fittings and braze. At least then you can be confident it has some decent material in it to work for a long time.

thats ridiculous. why would they not want a simple and inexpensive solution? Finding a decent oil pipe set could be a real pita. I fixed mine with a patch up because sourcing another proved futile and I was confident that the repair will last. Otherwise I would definitely have chosen to just get the measurements and chop off the old fittings and braze. At least then you can be confident it has some decent material in it to work for a long time.
Unfortunately we are no longer dealing with mechanics, but “parts fitters” in most cases. Mechanics no longer look for the economical way of repair, they look for the easiest. Their hourly rate would most probably dictate this.

Thanks for your responses.
After further discussion apparently the oil line is un-repairable and replacement the best option. Luckily Ian Steele from Just Cits in QLD has a used one on the way for me.
Thanks again.
Cheers