Green Stuff Pads on EBC Rotors?

Cal

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
I have had a set of EBC front rotors for the Mi16 for a while. I thought it was high time I put them on. Is it better to use them in combination with the green stuff pads? I have Peugeot pads at the moment. Anyone used both types of pads on these rotors?

Cheers,

Cal.

Cal,

Standard EBC rotors or slotted? Brad would have a better opinion on brake pads, but I stepped up to EBC slotted with green stuffs on the fronts and wondered why the hell didn't I do it sooner. Whether the better braking is due to the discs or pads, I can't say, though I would think that the pads would contribute more.

Rich

<small>[ 09 October 2003, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Zen ]</small>

Hi Cal,

EBC discs are designed to suit the green stuff pads. Peugeot pads are general wear and tear pads and will cause greater disc wear due to the hardness. I suggest you buy a set of green stuff to suit the discs. Hope this helps.

Nick

They are the slotted rotors. I will probably fit the discs, finish off the old pads and then replace them with the green stuff ones.

Cheers,

Cal.

Cal,

I've got the EBC slotted/greenstuff combo and depsite neding to be extra careful beding in the pads/rotors. They work a treat now that I can get stuck into them. Also use good quality brake fluid do a complete flush as well.

What bedding in process did you have to use?

Cal.

Well just not being too tuff on the rotors in the first couple hundred kms as they'll score easily with new greenstuffs.

Cal:
What bedding in process did you have to use?

Cal.
Most take the slow driving approach for about 100Km's, but I bed my last set in at Wakefield race track! :D whistle !!!! not a recommended method.
VOYTEK!!!!? he too knows a good drive-brake method. - chris