Going rate for a set of 1.9 205 GTi wheels and rear refelctor

matara

Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
I am considering the purchase of another 205 Si, but just wondering what the going rate is for a set of 205 1.9 speedline alloy wheels, and the Peugeot 205 rear reflector bar. Looking at selling these on as I don't need them and looking to offset the purchase cost, which is a touch high for what it is.

Thanks

Steve

si-speedlines.jpg
si-rear.jpg

Hells bells how much for the 4 or 5 wheels?

I don't think there's a going rate for anything 205.

I would suggest you don't sell those things either way.

The rear reflective panel is not that easy to take out in one piece so I would leave it alone. It is also likely (if the car spent enough time in the sun) it is by now shrunk and it does not curve with the hatch anymore. You can check for a gap at the top when inspecting the car.

It will also be faded if the assumption above is correct.

If the items are in very good order and you're still keen to sell, I would hazard a guess you can name your price.

Dunno if this asking price is realistic, but I get the feeling that somebody out there will bite:

Check if the wheels are Speedline or SMR. Speedline are lighter therefore more desirable. Price wise I’d guess at $600-$800 for the set.
I wouldn’t bother with the reflective panel. It’s not the GTI one and would probably break when removing it.

my nibs on those rims first, maybe not now!

If anyone wants the contact details for the car they are in this post:-

Car has had a top end rebuild and replacement gearbox, only a few weeks before Sue the owner could no longer drive it.

Cheers

Steve

‘‘Twas in another lifetime, one of toil and blood, where blackness was a virtue and the road was full of mud”.

You used to be able to buy them unused cheaply from Europe a few years ago but I’d say they’ve mostly been snatched up by the UK

All Australian delivered 205 GTIs after the s1 had the rear reflector fitted to them - perhaps the Australian importers tarting up the Aussie cars to try to justify their very high price here? They are now unobtanium, so most people just fit the louvred rear panel as was standard in other markets.

Damn I better look after mine then. I've also got the factory rear rubber mid spoiler that needs a bit of loving.