Fuel pump relay

housedaz

Tadpole
Hi I have a 2009 2.0 hdi expert and struggling to find were the fuel pump relay is.
Can anyone shed some light on were the little bugger us located please...

Are you sure it has a pump in the tank? A lot of the HDis don't and draw fuel from the tank under vacuum created by the high pressure pump. A priming bulb near the filter will be a clue as to the layout.
If it does have a tank pump, it might either supply power via the engine fuse box or could have the double relay unit (two relays in one case) somewhere in the engine bay.

Hi thanks for the reply.
My mistake i didnt word it right.
I'm.trying to find the high pressure diesel pumps relay or fuse .the pump thats under the bonnet not in the tank.(i have a priming bulb) 9n my engine.

I was told there is are relay thats attached to the body work that controls the high pressure pump.

I'm not getting any fuel comeing out from the pipes past the high pressure pump)
when crank the engine

I don't know the van setup but in the cars the injection system is electrically fed from the engine computer. It in turn is fed from the under bonnet fuse box, and there are fused relays there. I can post an RHR car wiring diagram if that helps.

Is fuel reaching the HP pump?

Are you sure it has a pump in the tank? A lot of the HDis don't and draw fuel from the tank under vacuum created by the high pressure pump. A priming bulb near the filter will be a clue as to the layout.
If it does have a tank pump, it might either supply power via the engine fuse box or could have the double relay unit (two relays in one case) somewhere in the engine bay.
20230119_113455.jpg

I found these double relays under the dash o/s would these be for the hp pump?

It’s more complicated than that you may have a failed suction control valve or immobiliser problem if it’s got a primer bulb it doesn’t have a in tank pump. You need to plug it in and see what faults you have if you continue like this you will do damage to yourself or the can.

In getting x2 faults.
I've changed the cam sensor also cleaned out the egr... was told that the egr won't stop the pump from working ..

P0341 There is no signal coming from the camshaft position sensor (as seen by the engine ECU)

This can stop it running.

P2143 Open circuit or other restriction of current at the EGR valve

Last edited:
P1351 in the earlier post is the power supply to run the glow plugs. This practically comes with the vehicle, and in Australia we simply ignore it. The modern direct injection engines here don't often use the plugs.

But P0341 means no go. If the sensor is new, check its fitting and the wiring.
(dmcc knows his stuff with these PSA engines)

After spending 7 hours sorting out the camshaft sensor & egr valve I decided to check check the cam belt and yes its shredded about 20 teeth of the belt 🤯🤯🤯😟
Was doing 70 mph .
The vans 2009 250000km only worth £1000 .
Thinking about having a gamble & putting a new belt on to see wat happens 😃

Depending which engine...vin required to confirm. Some of the diesel engines have sacrificial valve rockers(?) So the valves don't get bent and can be repaired without removing the head