Fuel Price's?

Mark A

Fellow Frogger
Just curious to find out what fuel prices are like outside the UK.

The price for unleaded has just gone up, so we're now paying 73.9pence per litre, which I think works out to around AUS$1.48 a litre.

LPG (Autogas) is 34.9 pence per litre (AUS$0.70 per litre)

LRP (Lead Replacement Petrol) (4 Star Replacement) is around 82.9 pence per litre (AUS$1.66 per litre)

The last time I was in the USA a couple of years ago, I could fill the tank on the Dodge Intrepid I was driving for about US$15-20!!

:) :rolleyes: :)

I think i just paid around 95 cents per litre just this week. this was for 98ron Shell Optimax. Damn the 306 has a big tank

Don't even start on prices........especially now Saddam Hussein has just stopped flow in IRAQ and the barrel price has jumped up! Fill up your tanks this week otherswise you will pay 10c p/l more!

Sydney seems to be the most expensive major city to buy fuel. Usually we pay around 85c per litre for unleaded (91RON) and 7c more p/l for the 'good stuff' which is 98RON. To this day, thankfully I have never paid more than AUD$1.00 for fuel in a major city, only in Alice Springs/Ayres Rock which is in the middle of the country. From memory, that was $1.14 per litre. Luckily it was only a rental Toyota Camry so I fed it crap fuel!!!!!!

I would love to live in Brisbane as QLD seems to be always 12c p/l cheaper. At least that is what Channel Seven's "SUNRISE" says. This morning TV program has 'fuel watch' which gives the cheapest fuel that someone advises them on in each city. Usually it is 3rd hand fuel that has been removed from a dodgy station that had to close down anyway. It would be only 5% petroleum and 92% toluene which leaves 3% water. Good mix that!

Anyway for comparison (SYDNEY PRICES);
UNLEADED; 85.9
PREMIUM; 92.9
LRP (lead replacement petrol); 87.9
LPG (GAS); 37.0
DIESEL; 81.9

Usually SHELL/BP/MOBIL are these prices and the independants are cheaper. Still have not heard a good thing about the independants so I am steering clear...........

Cheers
Stu G clown

Mark A,

Your exchange rates are a little out.

AU$1 is worth about 36p, so your 73.9p/L is actually about AU$2.05 per litre.

For another comparison, petrol prices here in Wellington, NZ went up yesterday to NZ$1.15/L for premium unleaded (96ron) and NZ$1.10/L for std unleaded (91ron).

As NZ$1 is only worth about 30p, that is 34.5p/L and 33p/L in English money. Or to put it another way, your 73.9p/L would be NZ$2.46/L to us eek! eek!

Cheers
Mark P

Mark P,

On average we usually get AUS$2 to £1, give or take a few cents. Compared with roughly US$1.50 to £1 for the states.

That's what I based my prices on!! :)

Stu,

I think you will find Hobart to be more expensive....yesterday when I filled up PULP was 99.9 and normal ULP was 97.9

Ben

Mark A,

mate, nah your wrong. Our money is worth about half US $$$ ie: 50cents aud will buy $1:00aud.

1pound equals about $2.70 Aud.

It's easy to work out! Just go here:

<a href="http://www.xe.com/ucc/" target="_blank">http://www.xe.com/ucc/</a>

It'll perform any currency exchange you like :D

seeya,
Shane L.

Well we may as well stick to talking about fuel prices not exchange rates....

I was driving through Wollongong yesterday and noticed that some stations had put their ULP price up to 97.9! I had noticed that the Mobil nearer to home was still at 89.9 so I decided to fill the XM there on the way home.

If you think Pugs have big tanks, fill someone's XM for them one day. It has an 85l tank, but thankfully yesterday it only needed about 55l. As I run the car on PULP this can be a tad expensive!

Ah, world fuel prices - Suddam evil sneezes and we all catch the flu!

Rgds
dead