Fuel Filters 405 mi16

MadBiker

Fellow Frogger
Firstly the Engine light came on again today on the way to work, xmas bugger, engine wouldn't rev, and surged.

Now im begginin to think this maybe a result of bad fuel and or cloged fuel filter as i recently ran it low on fuel.

What do you guys recon?

Also is it an eazy job to replace the filter? up under the car 2 bolts and a fiddly spot id say?

and next, who will sell me a filter (and a box of plugs as well) mail order, i know many of you sell bits.. give me your prices.

Cheers
Nathan

It's dead easy to replace.

Assuming it's the same as all other modern pugs, it's just in front of the rear right wheel. You need a screw driver to undo the hose clamps, a finger to plug the pipe from the tank and quick reflexes ;) The filter itself just pops in.

Get a Purflux one, along with Beru multi electrode spark plugs. Contact Auto France on 0294398145 - he sends his stuff out for under $10 by express post.

Derek.

Ah, im sure the idea is simple, but it'll be a space smaller than my hand and be like brain surgury.

since the filters after the fuel pump, fuel wont rush out of the tank right?

is there a way to check the fuel pump, to see if its working propery?

also gota change the ps belts, might give the ps fuluid a change and throw in one of them fixing products...

cheers
Nathan