Fuego suspension to tow

vivid

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
I have just purchased a towbar for my Fuego(84) and I was wondering if there is any mods to the suspention I should consider, esp since I have a spare parts car sitting in my garage.

Reading The Gonz's post about:

"fitting a Fuego sway bar alongside an existing one to minimise body roll.. Or is there a bigger, stronger sway bar I can get as a replacement?"

I know the suspension can be a lil soft in the back.. could the sway be a problem too when towing? I dont plan on towing a hell of a lot, so I am not sure what mods I should do, to keep it right for general driving, but it does bug me somewhat when I have 2 people in the back, or a boot full.

You need some Koni Load-a-justers... do you want me to check and see if they're available?

These are Koni dampers with a progressively wound coil spring around them. The light windings don't make much difference to the ride, but when you get a load on the heavier windings come into play and they help out.

I don't think you should play with sway bars, especially if you don't play at both ends of the car.

I'll be interested in how this idea pans out!
whistle