fuego. 4 or 5 seats??????

DoubleChevron:
My grandfather drove it for 3days, got out and said "If that's a modern Renault, there've lost me". He's had a series of renault since the 50's (750's, 8's, 10's, 16's etc). He was VERY happy to get back into his aging Magna :( Doesn't say a lot for the R19.
Well, just goes to show that 19's don't improve with age. If it is worse than a Magna (one of my most disliked cars for poor engineering and dynamics) that 19 you have must be a really bad example!

Hi Simon,

nope the R19 is an immaculate example, fantastic Renault suspension, bland, gutless, horrible brakes (remember I'm used to 'proper' citroen brakes), steers nicely (just like other Renaults) but the steering is heavyish and wwwwaaaayyyyy undergeared. Basicly it's a bland little car that I couldn't ever imagine buying, I've driven a couple of immaculate R19's and there both the same (1 sedan and 1 hatch). If you like them, you gotta try other cars.

I reckon R25's are brilliant, as are R16, R12, R10, R8, basicly every other Renault I've driven. I think our expectations were just to high, and we were let down by the 19. It's NO better than any of it's rivals. A 30 year old CX certainly kills it in EVERY aspect except fuel economy and ventilation.

Basicly there a bloody nice little car, but an extreme dissapointment to a long time french car lover :( Which is very strange 'cos I really liked the Renault 25 that we had for years.

I've said this before, but if I had someone that wanted to learn to drive this would be the car I'd get them, great Renault suspension, forgiving handling, forgiving steering (they'll certainly ge the hang of having to *turn* a steering wheel), barely adequate power, great gearchange, brilliantly progressive clutch. And basicly there is no real flaws in it. The whole package just does nothing at all for me :(

Hang on there's one thing I really liked about it. It made me get back into my CX and think "God damn this is a nice car :p :p ".

seeya,
Shane L.

<small>[ 17 June 2003, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: DoubleChevron ]</small>