fuego. 4 or 5 seats??????

jo proffi

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
My 85 gtx has only two inertia reel belts in the back.Is the middle belt sash missing or is the car a four seater.

4 seater jo

I gotta work out a way to get a baby seat in the back come november (my first)

I read once that a child seat fits into a floride well. hehe

My uncle has a caravelle, but he wont give it to me .(

It actually won an award at the last-years Renault day I think.

my girlfriend showed her first bit of real interest in the fuego when the you mentioned baby seats!!

haha.. oh no..

be scared.. be very scared!! eek!

hey jo, did you manage to get any info on that wreckers?

I will pass by tomorrow, and will post details for you in evening,

PS, verry scared. might have to go for a long blat in the fuego to sort myself out.

Maybe its time to take out the back seat, and hide it somewhere.

Thanks, re wreckers btw. :D

why not keep the seat in,save the lovely fabric of your fuego from baby droppings(bottles,lollies crayons etc), and throw the family in a 12 wagon, or something with thick vinyl seats

vivid:
My uncle has a caravelle, but he wont give it to me .(

It actually won an award at the last-years Renault day I think.
vivid,
Your uncle must be George Vermont yes??
Because he won best Caravelle at last years Renault round up.

David,

Hey Vivid
how can he both be your uncle and my uncle?
I drive a Fuego... and you do.... uh oh.. something is wrong here....

Someones using a Fuego as a family car eek! I am impressed !!!

They barely make a decent two seater car. The back seat is only good for legless midgets. I used to always want a Fuego until I saw that there was absolutely no room in the back of them, and a very shallow hatch that wouldn't hold anything substantial :( Pitty, 'cos there a bloody nice car that are great to drive (infact, my brothers car fitted with 16" wheels was an incredible car to hammer around town in).

Streets ahead of the sh!+full Renault 19 I've been tortured into driving for the last week roll_lau roll_lau roll_lau My 30year old cars feel sooooooooo good after driving that dance

seeya,
Shane L.

I agree.

Considering it is a 2 door, I think it is quite roomy. I cant think of any 2 door, off the top of my head, that has more room in the back seats.

As one who is around 180cm tall, I've never baulked at heading for the back sat of a 15/17 or Fuego. They do have a surprising amount of room withot feeling too cramped. The seats are low mounted but designed to keep the knees from around the ears. I found the back seat of a 25 worse, as there is a real feeling of not enough headroom as the noggin bounces off the hard plastic roof rail despite having plenty of leg and knee room.

The 25 experience is interesting. Most people who have travelled in my R25 for a distance have stated that they like the slightly higher seating position as it provides a good view (my partner also says it's about the only car that she can travel in the back of without feeling car-sick)

I think the seat height is due to the 72 litre fuel tank positioned directly under it. Certainly if you were taller than average it wouldn't be quite so comfortable, especially if factoring in a sunroof as well.

I haven't got the facts and figures to hand, but I believe the Fuego has quite a bit more "kneespace" than a R15/R17. Even the slightly more compact R15/R17 arrangment seems streets ahead of the oppositions seating arrangments.

I actually thought the Megane cabriolet was pretty compressed until I tried a 206CC rear seat recently!

As one who is 188 cm tall, i used to think my Fuego had plenty of head room in the drivers seat- until i replaced my old stuffed drivers seat for my spare Fuego's passenger seat. I must be sitting an odd 5cm higher as this seat is plush perfect (like all passenger seats).

With respect to back seats, ive been pleasantly surprised by the room. Once i sat in the back for a long ride and i understood why %90 of all people that ride in the back of my car mention how comfortable the back seats are.

Hmm,

now you guys have me thinking. Whenever I've been in the back of a Fuego, there has always been either my cousin or brother in front. They are both about 6'2" I guess. I'm about 6" so it makes for extremely 'cramped' conditions roll_lau roll_lau

However if the 4 people in the car were say 5'10", that'd be quite a bit more usuable space (as the front seats aren't wwwwaaaaayyyyy back :D

seeya,
Shane L.
PS: I really like Fuego's (back when I was driving my R12, I would've killed for one wink ), However no matter which way I look at it I can't stand R19's tongue My grandfather drove it for 3days, got out and said "If that's a modern Renault, there've lost me". He's had a series of renault since the 50's (750's, 8's, 10's, 16's etc). He was VERY happy to get back into his aging Magna :( Doesn't say a lot for the R19.