Frogs blitzing the sales charts

Pug307

Sense
Fellow Frogger
Looks like PSA is having a jolly time downunder now.

Q1 2002 Citroen sales up 106.6%
Q1 2002 Peugeot sales up 108.8%

Got to thank the C5 & 307 for that. Wonder how the Citroen sales will go when the C3 arrives.

307's working wonders for Peugeot. Probably best equipped small car at $25,990, and with a 3 month waiting list now, looks like others are catching on.

Cheers,

Justin

Latest report is 4 months for a 1.6 307 now. Benefit is, because it's basically a direct order, you can choose colours not on the Aussie list.

Probably find the Citroen sales are due to the Berlingo. There are large "clusters" around the eastern suburbs of Sydney & rightly so approve

It will be interesting to see whether they will bring out the MPV style 307 estate. In england they start off cheaper than a vauxhaul zafria (and better too, of course :) ).

They're not much more than the standard hatch & apparently drive better. Stiffer springs & variable rate dampers give it a better ride apparently.

Yes it's all good news, but you haven't mentioned the stars of the "Frogs blitzing the sales charts", RENAULT. To come from no sales in 2000 to about 2000 sales in 2001 and so far up untill the end of March 1255 units sold in 2002, thats not far behind Peugeot and along way ahead of Citroen. Renault's target for this year was 5000 cars which a lot of people (me Included) said no way, but there on target to do it. There expecting the Laguna to be a big seller, but so far the sales figures haven't included Laguna as it was only released a couple of weeks ago.
March sales were 142 Clio's, 122 Scenic's, 86 Scenic RX4's and 70 Meganes's.
Interesting news Ian Mclean from Renault Australia told me was that Australia recorded a drop in new car sales in 2001 by 1%, yet sales of new European cars rose by 25% so some companies must be very worried about the French attack.

David.

just wait till you see the waiting list for the 206cc .................. 9 - 12 months,

apparently it's over demands from people all over the world especially in UK, they don't even have enough supplies for France.

Gee, that's an impressive waiting list for the 206CC. I thought 9 months for an X5 in the UK was bad :) Considering the 'affordability' of the 206CC (esp in 1.6 manual form), it's not too surprising.

I think the Berlingo has always been the volume seller for Citroen, but would it be responsible for the latest jump? It was around last year, unless there has been a sudden spurt of interest.

Yes Renault has done well, however, considering the amount they spent on marketing ($20 million/$10,000+ per car in 2001), you'd expect no less. Peugeot hasn't spent a huge amount on marketing the 307 & 206 recently (especially in comparison to Renault) and they've been doing very well with the 307 (supply is outstripping demand easily). Secondly to be way ahead of Citroen is no great achievement, considering the marketing involved, and the fact that Citroen doesn't have a $19,990 volume seller.

I'm interested to see how Citroen goes with the C3. If they market it properly, it could really impress. I just hope the reports on quality are not as bad as I have read in some Euro reports, because the last thing you want to do is start to gain some volume & destroy credibility.

Cheers,

Justin